Rainy Roadside

Bob Sample

TVWBB Diamond Member
Been a long while since I posted anything in here but thought I'd give it a go today after finally figuring out how to post from Flickr instead of photo bucket.

My day started out as it usually does these days
Untitled by robertssample, on Flickr

Was a little wet when it was time to cook but I've cooked in a heck of a lot worse.

by robertssample, on Flickr

Got the fire going.

You want some good hot coals

Action shot.

A little craft beer. Insides might as well be wet too.

Bit of indirect cooking to finish them off.

My usual minimalist plating. Corn was the good old fashioned local yellow, not that newfangled bicoloured super sweet stuff. Unfortunately the boss likes it boiled.

Thanks for lookin.

Looks great Bob. I haven't had boiled corn since I was a kid. Barb is the corn person here she has a gazillion different ways to grill it.

Saw your "test" yesterday so I figured you were cooking something up soon to share. What a great way to start your day AND finish it. Terrific looking RS Chicken Bob!

Great looking RSC and pics Bob, nice to see you back here again.
I have 6 ears of corn to cook tomorrow for family and thought about boiling it for a change, like the old days.
A method I saw recently was with a bunch of butter in the boil, the ears get self basted with butter when removed.

Mark. Still stupid hot and humid here. I was out your way and drove through Airdrie in late July. Took this picture near you

url=https://flic.kr/p/2a6fLuP]
44035367191_75dcd784fa_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by robertssample, on Flickr

great looking Roadside AND Corn, Bob!
haven't seen all yellow corn in these parts in years, it's all bicolor sweet... but I ain't complaining, the corn here is AWAESOME!

Chicken is outstanding and the corn. We love corn and I grill ours all the time. Great pics Bob.

Back