Rainy day spareribs

Chris in Louisiana

TVWBB All-Star
It rained most of last Saturday, but I had two racks of spares from Sam's that wanted cooking. So I put the WSM just under the patio and went for it.

I ordinarily use Memphis Meat Dust, per the Amazing Ribs recipe. Have not bought rub in ages, but I saw this Stanley's rub and decided to try it. Stanley's is a highly rated BBQ joint in Tyler, TX, and their ribs are great.

49749780997_bae8fb75d3_c.jpg

One rack went on the bottom grate. The other went on top, together with the end pieces that I had to trim off these beasts to make them fit the 18.5.

49749453741_c01cf8fbfa_c.jpg

They spent a while like they went on, then got an hour or so in foil with No. 5 Sauce, followed by a few minutes unwrapped to set the sauce.

49749453991_da4e78e3b1_c.jpg

They look kind of dry in this pic, but it's deceiving. They were darned good and plenty juicy. I ate mine standing by the sink with a roll of paper towels on hand.
49749453961_a8cf057d60_c.jpg

These were the first spares I cooked in a long time. I've come to prefer them to babybacks, which are a little more "white meat."

The Stanley's rub was good; it was a little more toward the savory/peppery side than the sweeter Memphis Meat Dust. I think I will combine the two next time.

Filling up that 18.5 with some spares #delishioness I see, i also have had many a tasty meal at the sink...
Closer to the beer......

Back