Raichlen's Rib Sandwich

Saw that episode over the weekend. Onion bombs okay but not as great as I wanted. Now a better McRib. That is something! Chinese ribs I se everyday so no biggie.

If you like ribs and you also like pork sandwiches, do what I do. My wife and I can't finish a rack of meaty ribs, so on the first evening we eat ribs. The next day we strip the remaining meat off the bones, chop it up, and make Memphis Style BBQ pork sandwiches on a large bun with a big dollop of slaw and some additional sauce; best of both worlds. I haven't smoked a butt for a long time because the left-over rib meat satisfies our pork sandwich cravings and to tell the truth, I think it makes a better sandwich.

I love that when he did the 'Texas Crutch' on the baby backs, he had one side of the PBR label covered. But when he poured it over the ribs, you saw the other side, which wasn't covered. :ROFLMAO:

They all look good. Gonna have to try some (or all).

I like them all Joan... I'll start with Rob's BBQ rib sandwich on a local C'est Si Bon Bakery Baguette.
Best bread in town...

I love that when he did the 'Texas Crutch' on the baby backs, he had one side of the PBR label covered. But when he poured it over the ribs, you saw the other side, which wasn't covered. :ROFLMAO:

They all look good. Gonna have to try some (or all).
I think it was cooked on a pit barrel cooker too. Was worried that cutting the ribs and hanging them would lead to fire sacrifice but they held up long enough. I like pickles, (use yucky famous dave's hot n sweet on my pulled pork sandwiches), but here it seemed a bit forced.

If you like ribs and you also like pork sandwiches, do what I do. My wife and I can't finish a rack of meaty ribs, so on the first evening we eat ribs. The next day we strip the remaining meat off the bones, chop it up, and make Memphis Style BBQ pork sandwiches on a large bun with a big dollop of slaw and some additional sauce; best of both worlds. I haven't smoked a butt for a long time because the left-over rib meat satisfies our pork sandwich cravings and to tell the truth, I think it makes a better sandwich.
Joan said "Thanks Bob, sounds like a great idea."
That is a great idea! Why have I never thought of it? Oh yeah, a rack o ribs never lasts long enough. I will be making this one day. Thank you for the idea.

Back