Quick Summer Steak Dinner

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
For Christmas this year my son and his wife sent us a Chicago Steak Company gift box. Which included a samplings of steaks, chops, chicken, hamburgers and side dishes.
Last night we tried the top sirloin steaks along with a baker and corn on the bone. All were done on the E320 gasser. Which with it being still in the mid-90s at 6:30pm I was glad it was quick.
The steak was excellent with good beefy flavor and the fresh corn tasted really good.
Have a great weekend.
101_5548.JPG

101_5551.JPG

101_5554.JPG

That is a great looking meal. I have been working really hard to do all the cooking outside over the last few weeks. I am really loving doing that. In the past in was only the meats that went on the grill, but this website has changed that.
What kind of grates to you have on the grill?

Great fare there Rich! Similar to what we do on ours at least once a week except for the corn. Start the foil wrapped bakers indirect at 350 about an hour before the steak and then kick it up to full tilt for the steaks moving the bakers to the upper rack.

That is a great looking meal. I have been working really hard to do all the cooking outside over the last few weeks. I am really loving doing that. In the past in was only the meats that went on the grill, but this website has changed that.
What kind of grates to you have on the grill?

The grill is a NG 2009 E320 sidewinder. The grates are the original cast iron and that's our daily driver/outside oven especially in the summer when we can't use charcoal.

Great fare there Rich! Similar to what we do on ours at least once a week except for the corn. Start the foil wrapped bakers indirect at 350 about an hour before the steak and then kick it up to full tilt for the steaks moving the bakers to the upper rack.

Dan, that's what we do put the bakers on about an hour before. Olive oil salt & pepper but no foil. Like the texture better without the foil. When there done I lightly foil them while I cook the steak and as the steak rests Barb does the corn.

Rich I wish you and Barb were our neighbors but here in California, keep that heat.
I saw those smokers at Safeway today and still all 4 in stock, no price drop. Be interesting to see what they do this winter.

Rich I wish you and Barb were our neighbors but here in California, keep that heat.
I saw those smokers at Safeway today and still all 4 in stock, no price drop. Be interesting to see what they do this winter.

All the ones at Barbs store have been sold, final sale price was $299.

Back