Quanity on the 22.5 WSM

Tim Jordan

TVWBB Member
Has anybody cooked more than 6 butts at a time on the larger WSM . With the 4th coming up I might have to live on the edge a little . I don't think I'll have enough time for two cooks because of my job . The 18.5 WSM will have all poultry .

Here is a pic of 3, 8 pounders on the bottom of my 18". I didn't fill the top with butts, but easily could have.

IMG_3597.jpg

Hey Tim,
I just did 6 butts this weekend for a fund raiser and they took about 14 hours.
I had plenty of room and could have fit 8 with 4 on each rack. They weighed 6.5-7lbs a piece.

Good luck and have fun

Well I just loaded 8 butts on the new 22.5 WSM it was tight, had to use a skewer for two of the large ones . I'm crusing at 225 for the rest of the night, had to choke the bad boy hard at first but there's always a learning curve . Should be ready by lunch tommorow, not as much humidity in the air this week that's helping out . Time to get 40 winks.

Hey Tim,

Great job with fittng 8 on there, that's what I wanted to do but was scared with the timing that something would happen and I would show up late for the main course.

Want to hear how those bad boys turned out and I would really appreciate your details on how it went so that I can use your learnings for next time.

Good stuff!!

Back