Q2200 German, stainless grates

Were you unhappy with the OEM grates for any particular reason? I’ve always found the factory Q grates to be one of the nicest things about them.

Were you unhappy with the OEM grates for any particular reason? I’ve always found the factory Q grates to be one of the nicest things about them.
They just rust out too fast for me, no matter how much you take care of them, and the porcelain coating flakes off into your food. I went through three sets before going stainless.

Last edited:
Stanbroil used to sell those stateside for only about $50 to $60 US. I don't know why they quit supplying them, but I am really happy I got me a set.

Stanbroil used to sell those stateside for only about $50 to $60 US. I don't know why they quit supplying them, but I am really happy I got me a set.
My wife says I have more money in the German grates and Australian side trays than I paid for the grill. I told her cost is no object to make you the perfect steak Honey!! She said, I don't think it has anything to do with me. LOL!! I probably shouldn't tell her about the new burner tube, igniter, and handle light!!

Actually been considering those German grates. I do notice the ones like Bruce and I bought (at least mine) I have to spend a bit of time scraping off corrosion and perhaps the 304SS German ones would fare better

I havent noticed any corrosion on my grates....maybe if I cleaned the gunk off them, it would be different. :ROFLMAO:

My wife says I have more money in the German grates and Australian side trays than I paid for the grill. I told her cost is no object to make you the perfect steak Honey!! She said, I don't think it has anything to do with me. LOL!! I probably shouldn't tell her about the new burner tube, igniter, and handle light!!
Time for that made in Germany Porsche. Let her know you got it for her to ride passenger in.

Last edited:
I have not scraped any corrosion off either of my German grates on my 320 or 2200
I would hope not. Those grates are 304 or 316 SS not the cheaper 400 series stuff from the Chinese company. I don't use mine all that often and I do find a pretty thick layer of brown corrosion I have to scrape off before I use them. Nothing like an untreated cast iron grate (or one where the enamel is chipped) but still a pretty hefty layer. It's pretty easy to get rid of and doesn't see to bother anything (other than me a little) but there none the less.

Back