putting down the lid

Whenever I cut down a tree, I slice off a few thin slices, a inch thick. They do not take up much room stacked, I store them under the WSM, and I use three of them to store the lid, the big part of the WSM and so on. When they get too dirty, I put them in the oven, or use them as smoke wood, if the type of wood works as smoke wood.

GaryB, thats a nice setup you have there. I wish I had some room in my backyard to do something like that. I once thought about converting my toughshed into a smoke house but ended up not going with the idea.

20140727_114107.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140727_122529.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Got my Unknown BBQ lid hinge last week. I plan to try and install it this weekend. is there a demo out there or photos of how to do the install. I have the directions that came with the hardware, but it's that "a picture is worth a thousand words" type thing...

When I got my WSM back in May, I saved the pressed cardboard dividers from the box. There were 4, two of which I use to set the lid and middle section on when necessary. Being cardboard, they'll eventually fall apart, but I've got the other two in storage. When those wear out, I'll have to think of something else, but for now, they work great. When not in use, I store them in a large trash bag to keep critters (esp. my own cats) from getting to them.

Back