Putting big wheels on my Performer to lift it up

I managed to buy stainless steel rods from Grainger and have them delivered. If you have a metal supply near by that is also an option. The cheapest way to cut the axels is probably an angle grinder with a cut off wheel. I was lucky enough to have access to a chop saw. If you are using it on stainless grab a fresh cut off wheel so it isn't contaminating the SS. Afterwards you can take some emery paper to sand it smooth.

Unfortunately SS is about the only material that is resistant to rust. The axel rubs too much for paint to not be scratched off exposing regular steel to the elements.
I'm not going to sweat it too much. I don't roll it around very often so the regular steel axle works for me. Stainless steel does sound nice though.

Finally got around to trimming the axle, sanding it down and putting a couple coats of Rustoleum on it. Also swapped on the tires from Harbor Freight and putting the other tires back on my Gorrila yard cart.

Also posting some closer up pictures of the axle to frame area in case anyone wants to do this to their grill. Very easy mod. Love the look and also makes rolling it into the backyard much easier

20201117_154650_HDR(1).jpg20201117_154730.jpg20201117_154711.jpg20201117_154706.jpg20201117_154659.jpg20201117_154656.jpg

Thanks for the update and the picks. I have my HF tires and waiting on delivery of some stainless 5/8 rods from eBay. Do those shaft collars feel pretty solid after you tighten them up?

Back