Pulled pork using new seasoning

GaryP

TVWBB Pro
So a few things came together for this one. An almost eight pound butt that my wife picked up on sale from wild fork a few months back, a new seasoning I got for free from BPS, and my desire to use one of the WSM's.

I realized last week that it has been darn close to a year since I have used either of my Weber smokey mountains. The offset or pellet pooper have been getting the weekend cooks and the 26 kettle gets the weeknight quickies. My wife has a potluck dinner next weekend and wants to make Cuban pork sliders to bring so I figure it's a perfect time to try my new "hallelujah lime" seasoning I got for free from big poppa. It's interesting, has a good pop from jalapeno powder. Bet it would be great on fish or chicken also. So, here are from the start and just before the wrap. I'll hopefully get some plated glamor shots tonight(we are doing a test run, so Cuban sliders, lucky me!). One year and it's like riding a bike. These things are such a joy to use. Hope everyone is having a great Sunday! IMG20231203082136.jpgIMG20231203132507.jpg

"hallelujah lime" seasoning I got for free from big poppa.

DARN, everything was sounding GREAT until you mentioned the "jalapeno powder. :eek::censored::)

This looks gorgeous, Gary. What is the tube you've got on the grate?
Its a tube/sleeve that another tube fits into. That other tube has a smokey joe charcoal grate mounted on it so it allows for a swivel top grate. I used to use it back when I used the webers to compete. I can dig up a photo if you're interested. I believe it was designed to go on a BGE.

Its a tube/sleeve that another tube fits into. That other tube has a smokey joe charcoal grate mounted on it so it allows for a swivel top grate. I used to use it back when I used the webers to compete. I can dig up a photo if you're interested. I believe it was designed to go on a BGE.
Yeah, I'm definitely interested. Never seen that before.

"hallelujah lime" seasoning I got for free from big poppa.

DARN, everything was sounding GREAT until you mentioned the "jalapeno powder. :eek::censored::)
It's really not much heat. Just a little warmth. There is some good citrus and green pepper flavor from it. It's definitely not as much heat as just having a jalapeno. I am a bit of a sissy when it comes to heat, I'll get jalapenos sometimes that put a hurt on me and I don't enjoy. But this was nice. I don't know that I would have tried it had I not gotten it for free but I'm glad I got to give it a go.

Gary...
We love Sterling's rubs and sauce. His Desert Gold is used often around here (excellent when mixed as a compound butter and placed beneath poultry skin).
We also love Steph's rubs. Most are without msg or salt.

Back