Prospective first time weber customer. Your advice needed on my choices please.

new electronic starters are only about $10 and can usually be had at HomeDepot. Sounds like a reasonable deal and I will be looking forward to some photos.

Here is the photo in the tutorial

nm3vOpF.jpg

This is a quick video to show you how to embed IMGUR photos on tvwbb.com forums.

Thanks Bruce. i really appreciate it and the feedback once you see the pics. I told him i would be calling him soon with a yes or no and wanted feedback from here before i do so. Great video. For some reason i cant find an accept button on my phone for terms of service. In the meantime Pat is going to help me get them posted so i can get some feedback.

Last edited:
Thanks a million PatG.

No problem. Looks to be in pretty good shape. You said the burners and FB's were good, correct? If so, a $12 starter would have you up and running or just a long match. It looks like he took pretty good care of it.

No problem. Looks to be in pretty good shape. You said the burners and FB's were good, correct? If so, a $12 starter would have you up and running or just a long match. It looks like he took pretty good care of it.

Yes the burners and FB all looked pretty good to me. I wish i would have taken pics of them when he had it apart for me. I have an electronic starter for my old thermos that i was going to replace but didnt know if i had to use a weber component. I also just got a call from a guy who has a Genesis Silver about an hour and ten mins away. He is staying firm on the $129 price. Here is a link to that grill vs. this one for $90.

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/for/d/weber-gas-grill/6219244652.html

Sounds like you got a decent deal. Good luck with it and if you plan to fully restore it, make sure you post up some before and after photos.

I don't think the cleveland grill is worth the money. I think yours is a better deal.

Thanks Bruce. I am going to see if he will help me deliver it now. I appreciate all of the feedback and i will post more pics soon.
also thanks for the photo advice.

Here is a picture of a Gold B I purchased for $75. It needed some work and some replacement parts.
gbRt1g4.jpg

Here it is when it was finished. The neighbor was throwing away an old redhead in bad shape, but the lid was still good. I ended up spending about $350 total on this grill, including the cover, but I feel it was money well spent. The grill is built like a beast and reaches 600 degrees in 5 minutes. This is a 2002 model and I'm pretty sure it's going to last me a long time, especially because the Performer does most of the cooking.
hKjUrQB.jpg

Pat, nice redhead, did you replace both the lid and cookbox. I thought the deeper box wouldn't fit an old genesis gold B & C long frame??.........I love the old style hardware with the themoset work top...........great set up.:wsm:

Pat, nice redhead, did you replace both the lid and cookbox. I thought the deeper box wouldn't fit an old genesis gold B & C long frame??.........I love the old style hardware with the themoset work top...........great set up.:wsm:

He probably just swapped the lids. The cookboxes do not interchange.

Back