Pros/Cons of Weber GS4 burner system

Jay D in Jersey

Closed Account
Curious as go what folks think of the GS4 system.
I realize the major con is that burners are not available from any source but Weber. As a secondary owner, not quite ideal.
As Joe A. pointed out though, burner removal is brilliantly easy.

What other pros/cons are there?

Curious as go what folks think of the GS4 system.
I realize the major con is that burners are not available from any source but Weber. As a secondary owner, not quite ideal.
As Joe A. pointed out though, burner removal is brilliantly easy.

What other pros/cons are there?
They are still under warranty is a plus. I think the stainless reflectors in the bottom help even heat. I have used one for about a year and flipped a bunch of others and always had great flames. I think the thin profile helps keep them cleaner (just a guess). For you a big improvement over your Spirit.

They are still under warranty is a plus. I think the stainless reflectors in the bottom help even heat. I have used one for about a year and flipped a bunch of others and always had great flames. I think the thin profile helps keep them cleaner (just a guess). For you a big improvement over your Spirit.
So that begs the question which I'm sure has been answered many times here...What is the warranty for a curb alert Weber that may or may not have been registered by the previous owner?

If you are willing to pose as the original buyer, you probably could get support. I don't know if they will compel you to produce a purchase receipt.

If you are willing to pose as the original buyer, you probably could get support. I don't know if they will compel you to produce a purchase receipt.
So far, it's $30 for the hood hinge pins and grease tray holder including $7 shipping. I'm OK sith that given the overall condition once a thorough cleanup is complete.

No. Weber does not allow the transfer of the warranty. You can still register it which will help if you need parts. If you are honest with them - as I personally think you should be, they might give you a break, but they will not extend the warranty coverage to you.

No. Weber does not allow the transfer of the warranty. You can still register it which will help if you need parts. If you are honest with them - as I personally think you should be, they might give you a break, but they will not extend the warranty coverage to you.
That's what I figured and did. Weber has honored their warranty for other grills I have actually purchased and shipped parts no charge on several occasions.
Also, I noticed that the heat deflectors and flavorizers ARE available on Amazon from various aftermarket sellers. Perhaps it's only a matter of time and patent longevity before the burner tubes are. Something I don't belive I need to worry about for quite a few years. This grill is going to be on our deck in PA tomorrow afternoon. The risk there is possible golf ball hits...not salt air😃.The Broilmaster is assigned to beach beach duty and carries on well enough thus far!

I would think the burner unavailability (aftermarket) is more a symptom of demand than patents. The grills are still pretty new and there is probably not enough demand yet for replacements that would support aftermarket suppliers to get involved.

I would think the burner unavailability (aftermarket) is more a symptom of demand than patents. The grills are still pretty new and there is probably not enough demand yet for replacements that would support aftermarket suppliers to get involved.
Yeah pretty hard to patent a metal tube that burns gas

I don't think there will be much aftermarket GS4 burners until after the 10 year warranty expires. When did the GS4 come out?

OK, men...here's the deal: this grill required nothing but a decent cleaning. So far in:
-1/2 bottle of Simple Green
-1 Scotch Brite sponge
-a dash of Turtle Wax spray on car wax
-hinge pins and grease trap assembly and hinge pins come Tuesday.
Only rust I see is at the world at the bottom right above the caster. I'll throw something at that but not a lot of attention.

Attachments

• 20221009_155939.jpg
    20221009_155939.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20221009_155953_HDR.jpg
    20221009_155953_HDR.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20221009_160649.jpg
    20221009_160649.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20221009_154218.jpg
    20221009_154218.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Jay that grill looks very impressive. And with those new parts a great long term grill.

Now I have 5 Webers 3 off CL and I have all registered.
Like yours needs some parts I would talk to CSR and say it was a gift( as it was for that price) and registered it Then talk parts uou may even get a free one or discounts.

If you successfully registered it, I would start a warranty claim on the rusty parts. What did you find out, three year old grill?

OK, men...here's the deal: this grill required nothing but a decent cleaning. So far in:
-1/2 bottle of Simple Green
-1 Scotch Brite sponge
-a dash of Turtle Wax spray on car wax
-hinge pins and grease trap assembly and hinge pins come Tuesday.
Only rust I see is at the world at the bottom right above the caster. I'll throw something at that but not a lot of attention.
Looks really good Jay.

Back