PropaneTaxi - $8/exchange

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
I always see this company popup in my ads while using Facebook.
After reading some of the comments, it seemed legit and I decided to try it out.

If you use code GRILLING10 during checkout and also choose no-rush delivery, you can get a propane exchange for only $8!

It's for first time users only, I think the regular price is about $23-24. So not sure I will use them again....but maybe. I just set my empty tank on front porch and they swapped it out for a full one. Pretty easy. Can't beat a full tank for a little over $8.

I don't now what areas they cover, but I'm in Atlanta and they are for sure here.

I have about ten empties out back by the shed. I wish I could get them to come swap all mine out for $8 a tank.

Yah, it is a good price, but it is one time deal with the coupon. Also, they are likely the same as the exchange places that don't fill the tanks all the way up. They should take 4.5 gallons of propane per tank and close to 20 lbs, however, they usually only put about 3.5 gallons in (15 lbs). They say it is for expansion or safety reasons or whatever. But the tanks are designed to hold 20 lbs of propane.
Maybe the biggest problem with that, is that you have to refill 25% sooner.

That's part of the reason that I dislike the tank swaps. Their argument about short fills don't hold any water, it's just a way to try and justify a higher price per lb. of fuel. And in this case, the delivery itself is a cost. Ain't nothing free.

I'm lucky, I've got a good farm store less than a mile away that will refill my tank to a full 20 lbs fill for about the same price.

My tractor supply store is $2.69 a gallon. That should come to about $12 per fill. FULL FILL. No coupon either. Of course, no delivery either.

I agree, finding a local refill station close by that charges by the gallon is the way to go. I had 5 empty tanks in my backyard and this was only $8, so I figured why not.

True. I hope you exchanged an outdated one. There is only two situations where I use and exchange.....well three.
1. I need a quick fill (not often because I have about a dozen tanks and several usually full at any given time).
2. I have a tank with expired certification. The exchanges don't care.
3. I have a tank with a quick connect or the old style connector. Again, they exchanges done seem to care.

I just take mine over to a gas company put a tag with my name on it, put it in their cage, pick it up the next day!
If they have to recertify a tank it’s a little more. I think they charge something like 6 bucks to re certify.

How much do the charge for the refill?
I have asked a couple places around here. They want $10 plus for a recert.

I think last time with the cert, it was something like fourteen or fifteen bucks a regular fill runs right around ten bucks.

Well, you got a good thing going there then. Best I can find anywhere near me is $2.69 per gallon.

Why wife’s ex husband gave me the tip. The company is Ferrel Gas it’s not far and the old guy that was the counter guy was really great! He retired so, now I have to deal with some flirty young women that just giggle about everything.
Win some, lose some.

Granted I have to schlepp it there but our BJ's fills your tank for $11.99 for members and $14.99 for non members. This is in NJ.

IIRC, that's pretty cheap, Jon. Last time I had one filled here at the farm store, it was closer to $20.

Back