Propane tank with quick connect

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I have a FULL tank of propane and it has a quick connect on it. I don't have any grills or other propane fueled devices that use the quick connect. What would be my best option for using this full tank. I know I can just take it into Walmart and exchange it when it is empty, but I would like to use up the propane first.

Is there an inexpensive adapter or something that I could use to connect it to a standard QCC1 Acme Nut Gas Fitting so I can use it up before I exchange the tank?

I would think swapping out the connector/hose on the regulator on your grill temporarily with the old style to use up the LP gas would be the easiest and safest way to go. If you don't have one (I imagine you do), I think I can come up with one for you.

Yah, I dont think I even have a quick connect hose/regulator. I think they all have wound up in the trash as I figured I would never use them. I will have to wait until spring when I drag all my spare parts out of the shed to look. But, now that I think about it. I might still have the grill that the tank came with....I could grab that hose if so.

Dave, no that adapter wouldn't work.

Thanks for the brain storming guys.

Kyle, I need the outer one. I don't see a link for that one. But, if I have to pay $10 for the adapter, it probably isn't really worth it. I can swap it out for a new full tank for $15. Thanks for looking. I don't think I could have found that type of adapter searching.

Don't worry Bruce, I just have not had time to look. Been trying to work out issues with security cams my kids gave me for Xmas. (Ring Pro door bell and Wyze Cam). Still trying to figure out IP addresses and so on to make them work better. I will be in touch if I find it

OK, I still have to wander out back and see if I still have the grill that it came with....I could then steal the hose off that one.

Bruce I looked around the garage and could not find the fitting. Odds are when I am NOT looking is when I will see it and of course by then I will have totally forgotten :D

No problem Larry. I have to go out back and check the grills out behind the shed to see if I still have the one that the propane tank came with. If so, I will steal that hose and put it on my grill until I use the tank up. But, I guess I should get out there soon as we have snow and ice on the way in a couple hours.

Well, I found it. After looking at it, it seems I could have just used a regular male quick connect with the 3/8" on the other end. But anyway, I got the hose and regular with the quick connect off the old grill. I will just swap this onto my personal grill and use it until the tank is empty. Then I will exchange it at Walmart.

iqNxSIv.jpg

Back