Professional Grade...

Chris,this is a top notch forum! I've looked at a couple others,but none are as good as this one! Keep up the good work!

I discovered this forum when trying to decide what to buy to replace my ECB. I was a confirmed gas griller and was leery of going back to charcoal. Suffice it to say, I now use my charcoal Webers exclusively and there is no going back. Thanks to Chris and everyone who have contributed to the elevation of my grilling/bbq skills.

Hard to believe I'm going on 7 yrs ... thanks Chris... Off topic...if you plan to going to the Silicon Valley BBQ Championships stop by and say hello.. booth/team: Lord of the Ribs

Hard to believe I'm going on 7 yrs ... thanks Chris... Off topic...if you plan to going to the Silicon Valley BBQ Championships stop by and say hello.. booth/team: Lord of the Ribs
I'm going to try to make it, if I can! Good luck to your team!

Chris, I wouldn't change a thing. Professional yes, but without the tie and the wingtips.

As a newbie to this forum, I want to thank you Chris for creating and maintaining a place I can go to for help and advice with my WSM and to share my successes. I was looking at all types and brands of smokers but this site sold me on the WSM. This has become my go-to place for all my grilling/smoking questions. Thanks again . . .

I’m a little late to the party on this one but I’ll share my thoughts anyway. First of all thanks for the history lesson Chris. That explains a lot about the site’s appearance and culture. James H. put it very well when he wrote “Chris, you really have created a culture of enthusiasm, respect, and knowledge sharing on the site”.

I belong to a few boards, (mostly fly fishing), and even moderated one for some period of time. One in particular has at least two dozen mods and cannot begin to approach the level of courtesy and civility found on this board. Personally I like the idea of using real names and use mine on all the boards I frequent, whether it is required or not. I feel it brings at least a small level of accountability to the members. As a relative newcomer, I’ve only gotten serious about BBQ and grilling in the last two years. As a result, I’m learning a lot and giving back when I can. Learning however is only a part of why I visit. Like others, I have developed some friendships here that I know go well beyond a common interest we all seem to share. So please add me to the long list of “Thank You’s” for maintaining a wonderful place to enjoy and share a few things.

Chris, thanks so much for running a great forum. I am a member of several other BBQ/grilling forums and I think from the overall standpoint of info that is made available, the TVWBB and the Virtual Bullet website can’t be beat because of the wealth of information it provides on Weber products in general and the WSM in particular. I found this site years ago when I first purchased my WSM cooker. I just saw from my profile that I became a member in January 2006. This is without a doubt the Internet’s treasure trove of information on the WSM. There are other sites where a great number of people bring a lot of expertise on using the WSM to the table, but there is no one other single place where everyone from beginners to life-long users can go and find what they need so easily. Can you imagine what it would be like if all we had to depend upon were the Weber sites for info on using the WSM? Let’s not forget the ever popular mini WSM and all the ideas that have been shared on it that are so easily found now in one single location. It is also is not too shabby on providing lots of info on the rest of the Weber products as well as how to ideas on how to best keep them going and for bringing old products back to life.

As far as the forum goes I wish we had more people participate. I personally don’t understand why I don’t know of any place else that does that as often or as well. I guess some people prefer to hide behind screen names and beat each other up for entertainment. It is so refreshing to not find that here. Glad to see that Weber tracks this forum because people tend to provide a lot more positive ideas and solutions for how to make Weber products work even better rather than just bashing them because of a weak area in the design or something they don’t like about them. A great example of that is to take a look at all the suggestions that GaryS and others have put forward for improving the 26.75 kettle.

Keep up the good work.

Chris, I am fairly new to your site, and must say that I have found A LOT of useful information that I was looking for, and have an opportunity to meet some great people (including you) that enjoy their hobby and don’t mind sharing their experiences with the rest of us. Thank you for putting the site together (and maintaining it for us), and truly appreciate its professionalism of it.

Chris, you really have created a culture of enthusiasm, respect, and knowledge sharing on the site. It gives us all a warm fuzzy and fun place to go!

Well Done!

Ditto what James said....
I'm proud to be a member here and when I direct friends and family here I they will see post and replies from courteous members.

Ditto what James said....
I'm proud to be a member here and when I direct friends and family here I they will see post and replies from courteous members.
I've got to ditto the ditto that Tony dittoed...I really enjoy this site, and my wsm. In fact it was this site that sold me on the wsm. This is the only forum that I've ever been a part of, and it feels like an online family of good people loving bbq. Lots of fokes willing to give advice and help out. Glade to see there's not a bunch of ego heads talkin smack all the time. So thanks for all you do for the site Chris, and to everybody else for helping me to be a better back yard Q'er.

This site was the reason I chose a WSM. I had a 22 OTG prior to finding this site and a el cheapo gas grill that disintegrated within two years of me buying it. I had been craving ribs and was googling on how to cook ribs on a weber kettle. That led me to this site. Well I soon stumbled onto this smoker called a WSM. I had no intentions of getting one and did not realize that I actually needed one. My how wrong I was. After a few attempts at cooking ribs on the kettle and achieving only so so results I finally was lucky enough to have my wife buy me my WSM 22 for Christmas.

This site has been very helpful and I have always appreciated how helpful everyone has been on here. I think the real name requirement keeps people who want to just flame others away.

Thanks Chris!

I found TVWBB four years ago this month, and in those four years my outdoor cooking skills have improved tenfold.
And I credit you Chris, and the fine members here for all of that improvement.

I've checked out other bbq sites, and IMO, none of them can hold a candle to this one.
Professional Grade indeed!!

Speaking as a new member, I feel very welcome here and very much appreciate how other members are so helpful when it comes to knowledge-sharing. So thank you Chris for all the work you put into maintaining the forum. You deserve your very own Bud Light Real Men of Genius radio commercial: "Today we salute you Chris Allingham, Mr. Weber BBQ enthusiast website keeper-upper."

Speaking as a new member, I feel very welcome here and very much appreciate how other members are so helpful when it comes to knowledge-sharing. So thank you Chris for all the work you put into maintaining the forum. You deserve your very own Bud Light Real Men of Genius radio commercial: "Today we salute you Chris Allingham, Mr. Weber BBQ enthusiast website keeper-upper."

That would be Miller Lite. Don't test Mr. Lampe's patience.

That would be Miller Lite. Don't test Mr. Lampe's patience.

Good to know, point taken, lesson learned. I shall steer clear of any such polarizing topics of beverage preference which could be detrimental to the "Profressional Grade" nature of TVWBB. I heard a good quote on the radio today which I could learn from: "Never pass up a good opportunity to say nothing." :p

Chris, I also want to thank you for all your hard work. I am not much of a blogger but want you to know that besides Facebook, this is the only place I record or write online. I believe this is only touching the surface of what it will ultimately become. You should be proud of what you have created here.

Back