Prochilo's Chicken

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
It was a beautiful night after getting home from my daughters swim practice, there was beer on ice and it was a perfect grilling night!

Started off cutting up a whole chicken and seasoning it with 'Prochilo Rub'. My buddy Nick Prochilo from Long Island, NY sent me a couple bottles a while back and I found this bottle hiding in the back of the pantry. It is one of the best rubs I've ever had on chicken, absolutely perfect! Also did a baked potato for my wife (foiled :-( with oil and salt, but that's how she likes it). And a couple of sweet potatoes for me and Cathryn, straight on the grill.

IMG_5206.jpg

Added a couple ears of fresh corn foiled with salt and pepper for the ladies.
IMG_5209.jpg

Few minutes later (1 beer later) I added my corn straight on the grill. I love love love charred corn, adds a ton of sweetness and flavor! Also added zuchini that had been marinated in balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper.
IMG_5211.jpg
IMG_5214.jpg

Dinner is ready!
IMG_5217.jpg
IMG_5219.jpg

My healthy plate of grilled zuchini, 1/2 sweet potato with NO butter, just natural flavor, corn with no butter (didn't need it) and my chicken breast which I removed the skin from. Doesn't get much healthier!
IMG_5221.jpg

Larry, that looks great!
What's all in that 'Prochilo Rub'?
Man, reach right into that screen an' grab a piece of that Prochilo she-cone
icon_biggrin.gif

Larry,
Looks fabulous!!! Congrats on your continued "healthy eating" program. I read in one of your posts you were down 20 lbs since the beginning of the year!!! GREAT. However, I'm sure a nice juicy sirloin every now and then won't hurt you
icon_smile.gif

Excellent looking chow Larry. You can't just say the rub is great on chicken without telling us a little bit about it, can you?

Great looking meal. A few times I forgot to do anything (incl. seasoning) to my sweet potatoes and realized there was nothing missing.

Back