Prime Rib along with a Pulled Chuck Roast

Jak Stepan

TVWBB Pro
bbq'd a couple of roasts awhile back, wife needed freezer space for her mardi gras party. originally when I had the butcher cut the ribeye I was aiming for a super thick steak, it was two ribs and 5 inches plus. so, even lower and slower than my normal routine. The chuck roast was a total experiment, had never done a chuck roast on my pit (kettle ots).

both beef cuts but obviously turned out very different: we sliced the ribeye into prime rib steaks and pulled the chuck like a boston butt. beginners luck I guess. believe it or not the prime rib turned out that pink (no filter, pic was actually taken with my iphone). will include a short video of my wife filming the shoulder blade bone sliding out but don't know if videos work on this site.

don't know if it will work, but here lets try....

[flash=http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=137818]width="400" height="225" flashvars="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=2ba9f43a73&photo_id=12090971715" bgcolor="#000000" allowFullScreen="true"[/flash]

don't lift the lid...

That prime rib looks perfect....bet it tasted better than anything I've gotten out of a restaurant.

Back