Prime rehabbers weekend

You can actually take a regular knob and cut the stem off. The remaining stem goes up far enough in the knob to be used on the side burner.

I've done that before, but I believe they are all $5 from Weber. If I happen to buy them new, might as well buy the right one.

So far really nothing interesting showed up in my area. Lots of of gas grills but hardly anything under $75. The only two tempting ones were a red SS Performer. But too expensive for a flip and a $9 blue 18” kettle with wooden handles. But I saw that too late. Oh well I will finish my two red heads over the next few weeks.
And I sold my rat rod kettle yesterday. I may build another one of these if I find another cheap kettle.

It was a good weekend for sellers in my area. 3 of the 5 grills I posted about are already sold. I even got my first good bite on the kettle I have had listed for a couple weeks. Now to get some Weber gas grills done! Ughh, will my wife ever let me work on them without resenting it:(!

Nothing really popped up in my area. There are 2 Genesis Golds (B and C, the ones with the older Summit frame) for sale in my area but not really interested in them and I did miss out on a free Silver B but other than that nothing really.

Plenty of stuff popping up here, however nearly all of it looks overpriced to me. I think it then becomes a compounding problem because new sellers do a search to see what's out there when they list and set their prices similarly.

Lots of dilapidated old 1000s are being listed for $50, $100 or even more. Seems like a lot of 2-burner models are popping up lately too.

A free Silver B that I missed out on mostly because I was out camping. Also an E430 Sidewinder 4 burner and I think it had a side burner for $100 which may or may not have had cabinet cancer.. There was not pickture, but the rest of the grill looked really good. I have also seen a few 1000's, but nothing that got my heart racing.

Last edited:
I am surprised to say that the market here is very soft right now.
I posted 5 grills yesterday, and as of now only a "maybe" on a Silver A
for Thursday. There wasn't much getting posted either. The continuous
rain is not good for anyone's grilling mood either.

I did luck into a couple of non-Webers. I found a unicorn that I have chased
for a while - a Happy Cooker Deluxe Pedestal charcoal grill, and a Napoleon
Pro 22 charcoal kettle cart. The HC will be getting some nice restoration
treatment, and then end up displayed in my office. The Napoleon will
get a test run as my goto charcoal cooker. I let a gal talk me into selling
her my blue Performer, so I will give the Napoleon a good audition before
ultimately making a decision.

Yah, not a lot of rehabber type grills hitting the boards around me either. I was surprised, but glad I have a few in the bank to work on while I wait for some "deals" to pop up along the way.

I also have a couple project grills that would take up any slack time in my rehabbing activities, although, the way things are going this spring, I am having trouble just getting a grill done every couple weeks.

I am surprised to say that the market here is very soft right now.
I posted 5 grills yesterday, and as of now only a "maybe" on a Silver A
for Thursday. There wasn't much getting posted either. The continuous
rain is not good for anyone's grilling mood either.

I did luck into a couple of non-Webers. I found a unicorn that I have chased
for a while - a Happy Cooker Deluxe Pedestal charcoal grill, and a Napoleon
Pro 22 charcoal kettle cart. The HC will be getting some nice restoration
treatment, and then end up displayed in my office. The Napoleon will
get a test run as my goto charcoal cooker. I let a gal talk me into selling
her my blue Performer, so I will give the Napoleon a good audition before
ultimately making a decision.

Dave,
I will be interested in hearing more and seeing both of your unusual finds.

Grabbed a Silver B for $40. Burners, and bars replaced just a few months ago. Recent CI grates. Guys wife came across a Memorial Day sale and got him a new spirit. He had mixed emotions about letting it go, but the Mrs had just surprised him with the new one. Already have a Skyline project underway but this one was just a mile away, and in great shape aside from the worst frame rail cancer at the firebox bolt that I have seen yet. I’ll definitely have to splice in a new section, but other than that a little elbow grease will give my daughter in law the grill she has been pining after since she helped me cook several Christmas eves ago. CL is loaded with deals this week

Yah, depending on the price, you really want to pursue that grill. Looks in very good condition and complete for a Skyline. My guess is the price tag is somewhere north of $100 on that grill.

I would love that condiment basket.

The rest of the pictures make me think it's in overall decent shape. Says the ignitor doesn't work but that's not a big deal.

Those are the pictures from the listing. Although I haven't heard back from the seller after a couple messages I still have my fingers crossed. We'll see how it plays out.

Stephan: That summit would be good for parts if nothing else. But, I wouldn't pick it up with intentions of rehabbing it.

Yah, if it has the grates still in it. Also, there are other parts worth scavenging as well. Then just look for a "Scrapper" add on FB MP or CL and have them come and pick up the skeleton.

Back