Post your live HeaterMeter Cooks

19601433_10107352470591840_3784552809138501377_n.jpg

14 pound Angus brisket for America!
http://smokin.dawgbytes.com/

More ribs today on the smoker.

http://bigbeggbbq.servebeer.com

Ribs are done, but now checking heat distribution in the cook chamber. Bottom, middle, and top rack. Bottom rack is showing about 10 degrees cooler, but I haven't calibrated that particular thermoworks probe, but most of the TW probes I've used needed no cal.

We'll let it settle in and see what it does.

And probably not the best weather to test in. It's spitting the rain pretty good right now.

Last edited:
Thanks buddy. It's a FireMagic 24S-SM gravity feed smoker. Your temp looks great as well! I'm pretty surprised since I didn't do any testing before connecting the Roto-Damper up. It overshot by about 2 degrees while it was recovering after I put the brisket in. Other than that, it's been pretty solid. What kind of smoker do you have?

Thanks buddy. It's a FireMagic 24S-SM gravity feed smoker. Your temp looks great as well! I'm pretty surprised since I didn't do any testing before connecting the Roto-Damper up. It overshot by about 2 degrees while it was recovering after I put the brisket in. Other than that, it's been pretty solid. What kind of smoker do you have?

DIY Gravity Feed Smoker. I'm quite amazed how these GF smokers regulate temp, not only maintaining, but they go up and down really fast with a fan/damper. I'm using my 15 CFM version of the Adapt-a-Damper.

Not quite done with the smoker yet, still have some finishing touches (weld edges and grind to finish) and paint, but it's air tight now, so thought I'd take a break and try some BBQ!

IL43l6V.jpg

That's awesome! You did a great job. I was really close to building a similar setup from some plans, but I came across mine on Craigslist so I thought I would give it a try. I was watching yours recover from that last door open. That was quick recovery.

That's awesome! You did a great job. I was really close to building a similar setup from some plans, but I came across mine on Craigslist so I thought I would give it a try. I was watching yours recover from that last door open. That was quick recovery.

Watching your cook. Smallish Brisket? Looks like you're already pulling off to wrap after 5 hours.

It is a smaller brisket. I forgot to check the size before starting. This is my first time cooking at 250. Wanted to try something different. Are you still able to connect to my cook? I lost connection after I wrapped.

Those ugly edges are now welded and ground smooth. Almost ready for paint.

Nm...i assumed that picture was live. Is there a way to program the pit temp go down to 200 or something once the meat hits targetmm

Back