Post a pic of your Pet (Dog) *****

Jon, I hear what you say. I think we get more out of the experience than the recipients. I don't handle the dogs for Canine Assistants, who give service dogs, free of all charges, to the handicapped, but I cook for the recipients when they have their 2-week "training camp." The camp is when they receive their dogs (Goldens, generally, but some labs too) and learn how to care for and work with the dogs, which respond to 95 different commands. They are some of the most inspiring and upbeat people I've ever met, despite some of them being in circumstances that would make you weep, especially the kids, some of whom won't see their 16th birthday.

Rita
http://www.canineassistants.org/

I managed to wear out not only my nephew Wyatt on Easter Sunday but Luna (8 months old) as well

photobucket-1284-1333934051019.jpg

photobucket-1143-1333934090604.jpg

Originally posted by Rita Y:
Jon, I hear what you say. I think we get more out of the experience than the recipients. I don't handle the dogs for Canine Assistants, who give service dogs, free of all charges, to the handicapped, but I cook for the recipients when they have their 2-week "training camp." The camp is when they receive their dogs (Goldens, generally, but some labs too) and learn how to care for and work with the dogs, which respond to 95 different commands. They are some of the most inspiring and upbeat people I've ever met, despite some of them being in circumstances that would make you weep, especially the kids, some of whom won't see their 16th birthday.

Rita
http://www.canineassistants.org/
Rita, What a great organization and what a wonderful thing it is that you do. Congrats.

Jim Lampe,
Many years ago, I had a pet dog in Germany that would sit at the bar with me and drink beer out of a saucer. Always a big hit with the bartender and the bar crowd. It did not bother the dog and he lived to a ripe old age of 18 years.
Ray

I know, I've posted a few pics in this thread, but here is another one of our rescue dachshund protecting his rawhide.

Thought I would bump this thread, since there are many new members who may have pets.

001-9.jpg

Ed,cute doxie! We also have a rescue weiner,a red by then name of Levi. His previous owner was scared of dogs,but he wanted to get a dog for his kids. He bought a dachshund puppy,but kept him kennelled 20+ hours a day. Not the dogs fault at all! So one of my sons friends took the dog away from him. Unfortunately,for him anyway,his mom wouldn't let him keep the dog! He asked sweet Pammi Sue if we wanted him. Duh! He's been happy here for the last 5 years.http://s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee389/perrinfamily1/?action=view&current=0626120947.jpg This is a pic of him and my neices boxer playing. They had a blast!

This is our Pinky! We went to our local shelter four months ago to look at cats, and we saw her from across the way. She is an American Staffordshire Terrier, about 10-11 months old, already knew her basic commands, loves all people and dogs! She is also the most curious dog I've ever owned!
Pinky looking out our side door, probably bird watching!-
IMG_0408.jpg

Drying off after her bath.-
IMG_0542.jpg

Nap time!-
IMG_0512.jpg

Peek A Boo!-
IMG_0494.jpg

Had to post a couple more! She also believes she's a lap dog! First pic is with me, second is with my friend.-
IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

Great idea for a thread. Here is my loyal companion:

First, the obligatory puppy shot. I couldn't say no once I saw this picture of him.

879407a1.jpg

Here's a more recent image.

44ac1811.jpg

And, lastly, when I made the mistake of leaving him with my girlfriend before Halloween. I still don't know if he's forgiven me...

057f5bbf.jpg

I've enjoyed seeing all my fellow 'cue-ers pets.

This is my dog Bailey. I got her from a local Lab rescue about a year ago. She was kept tied up with a rope around her neck for almost all of her young life (1 1/2 years or so). When they found her running loose she was very skinny, had fly bite scars on both of her ears, and had heartworms. I took a chance on her, got her fixed up, put her through obedience school, and now she's a wonderful dog. Very sweet and loves to play.

This is her the day I picked her up. How can you resist that face?

IMG_0699.jpg

Here you can see how skinny she was and the fly bite scars on her ears. That's all cleared up now.

IMG_0703.jpg

What a little obedience training can do. That's her spot.

IMG_0765.jpg

And this is where I usually find her when I'm cooking. On the nice cushion mat in the kitchen.

IMG_0947.jpg

She's really transformed into a great dog. Thanks for looking.

Bailey is on luck and special dog to find you...I know she will give you many years of joy and love!!! FYI...She is a great looking lab!

Back