Post a pic of your Pet (Dog) *****

Some good lookin' pups out there! (and cats!) These are our two retired greyhounds..Car is our brindled boy (his racing name was Sharp Carp), and the other is our girl Kisha (her racing name was Keeper Takisha) We didn't have a choice in their names so we just kept them. Car's name was spelled Carr but we dropped one of the r's because we thought Car was a pretty funny name!

BG

I do not have pictures that I can post anymore unfortunately but I had a retired greyhound for about 11 years before I had to put him down (brain tumor). If anyone is trying to figure out what kind of dog to get, search for retired racing organizations in your area. They are generally amazing dogs - gentle, loving, pretty much act like a cat if you let them (they take retirement VERY seriously) but will go everywhere with you if you want them to. My 90 year old grandparents used to dog-sit with him and he was so gentle and amazing around them and made it so easy they ASKED to watch him even when i did not need it!!!! Tom (Gunner) your brindle boy reminds me SO much of Profit. Miss him lots for sure. Nickname - 40 mile per hour couch potatoes. 40 miles per hour in 3 strides......if you can wake them up!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Dan Kuhn:
I do not have pictures that I can post anymore unfortunately but I had a retired greyhound for about 11 years before I had to put him down (brain tumor). If anyone is trying to figure out what kind of dog to get, search for retired racing organizations in your area. They are generally amazing dogs - gentle, loving, pretty much act like a cat if you let them (they take retirement VERY seriously) but will go everywhere with you if you want them to. My 90 year old grandparents used to dog-sit with him and he was so gentle and amazing around them and made it so easy they ASKED to watch him even when i did not need it!!!! Tom (Gunner) your brindle boy reminds me SO much of Profit. Miss him lots for sure. Nickname - 40 mile per hour couch potatoes. 40 miles per hour in 3 strides......if you can wake them up!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Dan,

Thanks for your post! Greyhounds are an amazing breed, not many people know how quirky, unique and loyal they really are! Sorry you had to put your boy Profit down. I can't imagine how hard that must have been...I can't imagine not having our two around..but I guess it is inevitable eventually. Hopefully Profit was a great companion while he was around, and sounds like he was. Hey, you could always rescue/adopt another one!

Dennis that video is awesome, I showed Sarah, immediately she says " Oh my God I hope he did not go right in the house". He looks like he had a ball.

Haha!
No he did NOT get into the house before he had a few buckets of water over him.
The breed is a schapendoes. A dutch hearding dog. The most positive breed i ever come a cross.
icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Dennis Lundin:
Haha!
No he did NOT get into the house before he had a few buckets of water over him.
The breed is a schapendoes. A dutch hearding dog. The most positive breed i ever come a cross.
icon_wink.gif

Looks like he has a great personality!

Love the pic of Dexter Troy, too cute. When I was socializing Slash as a puppy I would bring him to "yappy hour" at a local pet store. His best bud was a Boston terrier, they would go at it non stop, that Terrier was a 1/4 of the size of Slash but thought he was a monster, Slash would lay and his back and let him have at it, when he decided enough was enough he would shot put him across the room, he would come right back every time.

This is Kali (sounds like Collie). We named her that because that's the Hindu Goddess of Destruction. We thought that it would be funny to name such a cutie something so dark and scary.
BG

This is her daydreaming...
BG

and napping with her buddy Virtue (named after a Weakerthans song)
BG

I love everyone's pets on here such a bunch of awesome buddies!

This is Maddy. She just turned 6 months. Been in the family for 2 months now, and she's doing great.
She likes her bed after a long day of playing outside.
DSCF1859.JPG

And later that evening.... she's like, "You Did WHAT?"
DSCF1867.JPG

Back