Pork tenderloin schnitzel

Nice! I usually use a cast iron skillet and a healthy dose of elbow grease.
1-2 taps and these were thin. I did 2-3 pieces in the plastic at a time which made for very quick work. I bought this mallet for a catering job I did back in 2020. Absolutely love it. Great weight with little force needed to achieve the objective.

I have never made schnitzel .... this might change my mind..​

Pork tenderloin schnitzel on the to do list..​

I do a similar Jägerschnitzel with loin because my wife loved it when we visited my old haunts in Germany. When possible, I buy Cheshire pork from a local NC company for more marbling. So, I'm curious: What does the tenderloin offer vs loin? How thick do you slice and how thin do you pound?

I do a similar Jägerschnitzel with loin because my wife loved it when we visited my old haunts in Germany. When possible, I buy Cheshire pork from a local NC company for more marbling. So, I'm curious: What does the tenderloin offer vs loin? How thick do you slice and how thin do you pound?
Tenderloin is more tender than loin, IMO.

1/4” slices and pounded 1-2 times with my mallet, it’s 4.5#, so the pounded slices are very thin.

Because the slices are so thin, they cook very quickly, thus retain their moistness and tenderness.

To me, the loin is just too dense, even when pounded and it dries out. Loin really needs the hunter sauce to add moisture back in.

Most of this would be esoteric to many people. I’ve just come to enjoy tenderloin medallions seared quickly.

Lmk if you have more questions. Glad to help.

Totally agree with you Brett! Tenderloin is the way to go, I’ve been known to simply get a two pack simply cut them in half right through the package, slip them (one at a time) into a heavy plastic bag and pound them to desired thickness, lightly dredge with seasoned flour, pan fry and make up a nice sauce. Some spaetzle and life is good!

Totally agree with you Brett! Tenderloin is the way to go, I’ve been known to simply get a two pack simply cut them in half right through the package, slip them (one at a time) into a heavy plastic bag and pound them to desired thickness, lightly dredge with seasoned flour, pan fry and make up a nice sauce. Some spaetzle and life is good!
i bought another pack at Costco this week. might do an Asian style brine and then direct or indirect cookoff. possibly Vietnamese style.

tenderloins are very versatile and forgiving. easy to make.

Just did an old creamy mushroom sauté and bake recipe, haven’t felt very inspired these days. I’ve been making that for decades and Miss Sandy asked for it So, the request was answered! Pretty good too

As it says, a simple CI meal. Seasoned with SPOG and thyme.

Panko ran through the blendtec for smaller particles. Dredged in egg.

Then pan fried. Served with a simple salad and fresh Meyer lemon wedges (salt, fat, acid and heat).

View attachment 64410

View attachment 64411

View attachment 64412

View attachment 64413

View attachment 64414
greatnjob i buy tenderloin (PORK) cause its nice and tender and goes along way i make some slices up and have cooked and place on roll with lettuce and tomatoes also great as a schitnell and gravy or cut a little thicker and makes great steak 2in thick and cooks quickly

Back