Pork Steaks, Mock crash hots, garlic corn

Chris Lynch

TVWBB All-Star
Pulled these guys out of the freezer and did an overnight marinade in Wickers and then dry rubbed with sweet paprika, smokey paprica, garlic powder, salt, pepper, allspice, cinnamon, Italian seasoning and dry mustard

As soon as I pulled them out I couldn't wait to eat em!!

Then I attempted to make some crash hots. I say attempted, because they just didn't crush right. Could be the masher I have that or i dunno. But then I added some bacon fat I had left over from breakfast along with the Italian seasoning I had.

turned them after an hour and added some corn

I love a crowded grill

Then I foiled, sauced then glazed the pork steaks and then added cheddar cheese and some bacon bits left over from breakfast. I use the term "left over bacon" loosely as there really is no such thing and I saved it from breakfast on purpose.

and done and plated. Pork steaks are soooooooo good.

Not sure about this sauce though. It was good, but meh, didn't really blow my hair back. If you are the creator of this sauce I still applaud you for getting it out there.

thanks for looking!

That's a fine lookin meal , brother ! The crash hots are crashed just fine and they look good too. To me this is the holy trinity....pork , potato and corn. Heavenly.

Delicous looking meal Chris! So what do you think about the Wickers?
I bought a 6 pack of Wickers the first part of the month and I have
3 left..it really is good with everything. Well maybe not beef, haven't
tried that yet.

Awesome Pork Steaks Chris

a couple of things here....
1) Mike Coffman, do not use wicker's original on beef, you'll hate it. They make a marinade only for beef.
2) Chris, your crash hot potatoes look AMAZING! Nothin' MOCK about them. Make them your own. It all tastes great, right?
3) sad to "hair" about the sauce.... butt i ain't got hair to blow back anyway :p
and
4)
As soon as I pulled them out I couldn't wait to eat em!!
I'm the same way!

Great Cookin' Chris!! Glad you guys are diggin' the Wickers... and if you prefer to make your own Wicker's, Bob Correll posted the recipe in the RUBS MARINADES BRIN.... oh what the heck, HERE IT IS

You've got the pork steaks down to a science already, they are really good, I gotta get some soon, and some Wickers.

I gained a pound or two just drooling over that plate full of goodness.........................d

Delicous looking meal Chris! So what do you think about the Wickers?
I bought a 6 pack of Wickers the first part of the month and I have
3 left..it really is good with everything. Well maybe not beef, haven't
tried that yet.

Thanks Mike. Yes I am really enjoying the wickets too. I'm going to try it on some chicken this weekend.

Back