Pork Sausage Recipe Request

BobJ

TVWBB Super Fan
Been trying a few online recipes for both Italian and breakfast pork sausage, so far they are just okay. Hoping someone here has a recipe or 2 for either of these that they would be willing to share. I've been using pork butt and the scraps from spare ribs. Thanks

This is great breakfast sausage. Just add more Cayenne and a bit of Red Pepper Flakes if you like it spicy. (I use 3/8 tsp. Cayenne and 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes)

Larry's Country Sausage
Pork butt
Seasoning per lb. of pork:
1 tsp coarse salt 1 tsp rubbed sage 1/8 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp black pepper 1/4 tsp coriander

Cut up pork butt. Chill to firm up pieces. Grind. Mix in seasoning. Beat in stand mixer with paddle attachment to better meld ingredients. Form into 1 lb. chunks and roll up in plastic wrap. Refrigerate or freeze

Bob, I haven't made this yet, but it sounds good for breakfast.

Sausage Patties

1 lb. ground pork
2 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped into a paste
1 tsp. onion powder
2 TB. finely chopped fresh sage
1 TB. finely chopped fresh thyme
2 TB. canola oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

1. Combine the ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours to allow the flavors to meld.
2. Form the mixture into 8 patties, each 1/2" thick. Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Cook the patties until golden brown and just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.

Source: Food Network mag. Oct. 2011- Bobbie Flay

Best Italian Sausage recipe I've found online attached. I leave out the extra fat when using pork butt. We like a little heat, so I sub in regular Red Pepper Flakes for the Sweet ones.

Attachments

• Italian Sausage.pdf
    205 KB · Views: 15

Back