Pork prices, nest place to buy?

DavidD

TVWBB Super Fan
I camt seem to do any better than 2.50$/lb for butts, 4$/lb for baby backs and 3$ for st louis ribs. Brisket is $3.99.

Ive been away from the smoker for a good while so is this normal pricing these days? I sure miss the .99 cent butts which then became 1.49$ and seemed expensive. The above prices are sale prices at publix and winn dixie, local grocery stores. Walmart has the big packer for 3.99$

Beef is going to be expensive for awhile given the low number of cattle. I pay around $3 at Wally which is much better than $8 grocery stores for flats. Pork prices are going down after several pigs died from a virus a year ago. Most stores are charging too much honestly

Haven't seen butts for less than $2.49 all summer so I haven't done one yet. Baby backs I get only at Costco because of the quality at $3.99. Our local Safeway store has really nice bone in pork chops at $.99 a pound, got a load of those. Another local store Fry's (Kroger) has SL spares for $2.29 a pound.

Local supermarket here has had bone in butts at $1.49 for well over a year. Darn briskets just cost too much.

St Louis area Shop 'n Save stores will have whole or sliced butts on sale starting Wed. for $0.87/lb. limit two.
Maybe other stores here will match or be lower.

Here in Albuquerque we have a Shamrock Restaurant Supply store that is open to the public. They sell brisket for $2.99 and pork butt for $1.19/$1.59 (bone-in, boneless). The other good thing is selection when I am selecting a brisket or butt I am selecting between 10-15 pieces of meat.
:)

Really ranges based on markets. I will look for labor day sales and will buy 4 butts if they drop down but im not spending 2.50/lb on them

StL Schnucks stores weekly ad.
Pork butts whole or sliced 69 cents per lb., limit 2 with $25 additional purchase.

Well, the labor day sales are now published in central florida. As usual, nothing to get excited about other than the porterhouse for $6.99. The butts are 2$/lb and st louis ribs are $3/ lb. disappointing

You can find good prices at GFS. They consistently beat out all the grocery stores, even Winn Dixie. Also, get the frequent shopper card from Winn Dixie -- when they run sales, prices are for cardholders only.

Back