Pork Loin Done Two Ways

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Took a pork loin out of the freezer, thawed it out, sliced 4 cutlets from it and pounded them real thin.

Seasoned the rest of the loin and seasoned it with Penzey's 33rd and Galena rub and Lawry's salt. Cooked it till 145 internal. I'm gonna let it rest overnight in the fridge and slice it up for sandwiches tomorrow.

My first ever attempt at homemade mac and cheese. Yes I am pathetic but I do really like the blue box mac and cheese. Turned out really good and my Wife really loved it.

Mixed veggies done in the wok seasoned with Slap ya Mama Cajun Seasoning.

Coated the pounded out cutlets and coated them in some Panko crumbs, seasoned with the same seasonings as the loin roast and gave them a quick fry.

Plated

Looks so good! I wanna see pics of the sandwich meat too. If you come up with a kick-butt mac recipe post it pls

John, that plated pic looks awesome! Did you coat the meat with anything to get the crumbs to stick? Also, I've never fried on my grill before, but that sandwich and Mac and cheese is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for for a tailgate meal! How much oil did you use, and what temp did you fry the tenderloin at? That meal is an absolute winner in my book!!
Thanks,
Tim

John, that plated pic looks awesome! Did you coat the meat with anything to get the crumbs to stick? Also, I've never fried on my grill before, but that sandwich and Mac and cheese is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for for a tailgate meal! How much oil did you use, and what temp did you fry the tenderloin at? That meal is an absolute winner in my book!!
Thanks,
Tim

I seasoned the cutlets then dredged them in flour, egg wash and then the panko crumbs. I added enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan and no Idea what the oil temp was. I added a few water droplets to the oil and when they sizzled it was hot enough for me.

That's a great cook John, I also liked the blue box M&C but when the doc put me on a low sodium diet, well no more of that.

Hey John, that is one fine meal. Love how you did the pork. My wife uses a similar recipe. Your mac and cheese looks awesome. I grill a lot of mac and cheese too, but I have to confess also, I love the blue box stuff as well! Great post.

wow. really nice all around. the mac n cheese looks brilliant. and theres no shame in loving the blue box stuff. that's your childhood in a box right there.

Another great post, John!
Your always cookin' up something great.
Your mac & cheese looks about 100x better than Kraft...

Back