Pork Loin Back Ribs to Kick Off the Week

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Felt like giving my 18" WSM a run and I had a rack of back loin ribs in the freezer. We're getting a little more rain today so yesterday was the day. Made a small potato salad and some grilled brocolli to round things out. Here's my pictures.

I've used almost exclusively Swift baby backs from Costco but this time I wanted to try something different so I got a rack of ribs by Hormel. Rubbed it down with Ozark Heat from Our Butts are Smokin.

DSC_4765 (Large).JPG

DSC_4768 (Large).JPG

Got the rack on the WSM running at 250 with two chunks of apple for smoke.

DSC_4770 (Large).JPG

Let it roll for 3 hours before checking things out.

DSC_4775 (Large).JPG

4 hour mark. Spritzed a couple of times with apple juice during this time.

DSC_4778 (Large).JPG

My potato salad. Cooked the potatoes on my camp chef camp grill. Kinda counts for something.

DSC_4782 (Large).JPG

Got the broccoli going on a hot grate. Olive Oil, KS & P. garlic powder and red pepper flakes.

DSC_4787 (Large).JPG

DSC_4790 (Large).JPG

Ribs about done. Very easy probe. 4 hrs. 20minutes.

DSC_4793 (Large).JPG

Really enjoyed everything and liking the rain today too. Thank you for looking.

Attachments

• DSC_4780 (Large).JPG
    DSC_4780 (Large).JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Now those are some good looking baby back ribs, Cliff! No foil on these, right? That's my preference for ribs unless I'm in a hurry (and I try really hard to never be in a hurry when I'm Q'in!) Salad and broccoli look great, too! Nice Sunday meal! I raise a glass to your ribs.....

IMG_7393.jpeg

Cliff,
Now that is a Monday Night Dinner! Great thick coating of seasoning and great dark color. I haven’t done unwrapped ribs in a long while, need to go back to do some unwrapped.

Good looking ribs and potato salad, I stopped foiling years ago when I forgot to do it during the cook and never looked back.

Thanks guys!
Now those are some good looking baby back ribs, Cliff! No foil on these, right? That's my preference for ribs unless I'm in a hurry (and I try really hard to never be in a hurry when I'm Q'in!) Salad and broccoli look great, too! Nice Sunday meal! I raise a glass to your ribs.....

View attachment 18027
Right Rich. I'm a low and slow guy. No foil or butcher paper. No need to rush it. Your cocktail looks really refreshing. I'm a beer guy and I don't mean expensive craft beer. There was a time though when I deviated. Me and my buddies golfing every Saturday morning. When we got back to the clubhouse, and after I'd carded my 80, We'd head to the watering hole. I was introduced to vodka martinis on the rocks with a boatload of olives. I got addicted to these but managed to have only two or three........ then we headed out to the back nine. :LOL:

Beautiful ribs, Cliff! Dry rubbed, no sauce; my favorite way to enjoy ribs. I love the potato salad too.

Nice looking plate Cliff!

We had rain last night and it froze. Ice skating rink on the roads coming into work!!

Can't believe I'm just seeing this now. Great looking grub (and beverage) all around.

Back