Pork loin and ABT?

F. Vest

My wife threw at me the other day that we are hosting about 10 people on Saturday evening for an ugly christmas sweater party. :cool:
Its my perfect opportunity to do something awesome on the Weber (s) for everyone and do something I have never done before, ABT.

My wife suggested I do something with these pork loins that have been in the freezer waiting on a great opportunity. In the past, I've done a brined loin with a tometaeo (sp) sauce. Im thinking this time I will brine the loin as Ive always done and then shred it and put that on the ABT's, with the philly cheese and bacon. I have a jelly I can use for a dipping sauce, too.

Thoughts on this?

Sounds pretty darn tasty to me.. I haven't done pulled pork on ABT's before but dont see why it wouldn't work. I will say that I have found that people eat them soo fast dipping sauces aren't always needed hehe.. Take some pictures of the whole thing!

thoughts?.......I'll be right over, save some for me!

I think you're on the right track.....sounds deelish!

regarding ABTs......I've done quite a few with great results.

I find that keeping the temps down are key for me.......I try to smoke at 225 or so......so the peppers and bacon cook evenly and don't burn.

Small and simple: bratwurst, Italian sausage etc. grilled and then cut up into coins and speared with toothpicks or put into a crockpot.

I usually add some kind of seasoning to the cheese/stuffing.....taco seasoning, garlic, onion powder, greek seasoning, PP rub........whatever I'm feeling that day.

I cant wait to make these!

I think I will keep it to wings and ABT I've mentioned...and I might do some brined/smoked nuts.

Pictures to follow!

Moinks (bacon wrapped meatballs) are also a relatively easy and popular side. Regardless of what you decide, I'm sure it will turn out great. Make sure you post some pics (of both the food and the sweaters). I never get tired of the classic gaudy Xmas sweaters in full force!

Have fun!

The pork began its brine process this morning in salt, sugar and lime. I wanted to do it on my Performer but with the weather the way it is right now, 30deg and 40-50mph winds, keeping a steady temp will be difficult.

I think it will go on my Spirit instead with a smoke box.

Back