Pork Butts: First Cook on Cajun Bandit Stacker

Jerome D.

TVWBB All-Star
I recently acquired a Cajun Bandit Stacker for my old Performer, and today I'm smoking pork butts as my first cook. Things got off to a bit of a rocky start in terms of my learning curve for temperature control. For the first hour, I had a lot of trouble achieving a nice clean fire, as you can see in the photos below, where the smoke was white & billowy, and the butts in the action shot already looking a bit ashy. Fortunately, the situation has improved, with the CB Stacker having built up a nice black coating on the inside, and now giving a thin blue smoke. The temperature seems to have stabilized ~250deg. I'll keep my fingers crossed and post more action shots in a few hours.

Here are the final results. Overall, I was pleased with how the pork came out, this being my first test drive of the Cajun Bandit Stacker. I look forward to going through the learning curve on this thing, and can't wait to see how other meats turn out in the future. Gotta love new toys.

I'm actually not even going to be eating much of this batch of pulled pork. It's going to be vacuum-sealed and frozen, to be served in two weeks at my company's summer cookout. This pork butt will be my entry into a "just for fun" cooking contest we're having. Hopefully my coworkers will like it.

Last edited:
Here are the final results. Overall, I was pleased with how the pork came out, this being my first test drive of the Cajun Bandit Stacker. I look forward to going through the learning curve on this thing, and can't wait to see how other meats turn out in the future. Gotta love new toys.

I'm actually not even going to be eating much of this batch of pulled pork. It's going to be vacuum-sealed and frozen, to be served in two weeks at my company's summer cookout. This pork butt will be my entry into a "just for fun" cooking contest we're having. Hopefully my coworkers will like it.

If they don't like it you can send it my way. I will eat that all day long. Looks good my friend

Back