Pollo asado fajitas

You guys sure love to tease, don't you? 🥰

Why is it when we have something really good, I can't wait to share it here with you all.

Those are thighs? I love chicken thighs. I have to pound the crap out of the chicken breasts. Not a huge fan

Nice cook Brett, I like how packed your tortilla is a good mouthful. Back in the late 80s early 90s we lived in the San Fernando Valley (Burbank) . And became a very good customer of El Polo Loco chicken restaurants, moved east and they did not follow us, well now we are back out west but we have to drive over a hour to find one to eat at to check out improvements to the menu. We do make at home but being restaurant lazy is nice at times. Plus it is nice to see new additions to the menu so we can experiment at home....

Perfect fajitas, but that's not a margarita! Actually, I'm intrigued- will have to keep an eye out for that beer somewhere.
Costco has this beer. I picked up a case. Nice and light flavored wheat beer. Very drinkable and light flavor notes. The beer went well with the fajitas.

Nice cook Brett, I like how packed your tortilla is a good mouthful. Back in the late 80s early 90s we lived in the San Fernando Valley (Burbank) . And became a very good customer of El Polo Loco chicken restaurants, moved east and they did not follow us, well now we are back out west but we have to drive over a hour to find one to eat at to check out improvements to the menu. We do make at home but being restaurant lazy is nice at times. Plus it is nice to see new additions to the menu so we can experiment at home....
These were very close to ElPollo Loco’s. Frozen pineapple concentrate, around 4 Tbs in the marinade. The full day marinate was perfect. And the grilled onions and peppers cooked up with a sweet profile. So the heat was on the bird pieces, chili powder and then the sweetened chicken and veggies, and you must warm and char the tortillas over coal for that smokey flavor, and these tacos were perfect.

I recommend a tortilla warmer for anyone doing these or any tortillas. The grilled char and then the steamed finish in the warmer make for a nice pliable taco that can hold a lot of meat and veggies.

I think I had 4 tacos for dinner that night. I was so stuffed.

I posted my pollo asado recipe before. I can dig it up if you’d like it and repost it here.

These were very close to ElPollo Loco’s. Frozen pineapple concentrate, around 4 Tbs in the marinade. The full day marinate was perfect. And the grilled onions and peppers cooked up with a sweet profile. So the heat was on the bird pieces, chili powder and then the sweetened chicken and veggies, and you must warm and char the tortillas over coal for that smokey flavor, and these tacos were perfect.

I recommend a tortilla warmer for anyone doing these or any tortillas. The grilled char and then the steamed finish in the warmer make for a nice pliable taco that can hold a lot of meat and veggies.

I think I had 4 tacos for dinner that night. I was so stuffed.

I posted my pollo asado recipe before. I can dig it up if you’d like it and repost it here.
Would love it if you reposted that recipe Brett.
Four would do me just fine, ice water for me please.

Would love it if you reposted that recipe Brett.
Four would do me just fine, ice water for me please.
I just put it in Recipes from a previous cook off of asado. Clearly I’ve cooked and posted my pollo asado cooks a few times from my search for this 🤣🤣🤣

We like chicken tacos!

Nice wheat I would assume beer.....I get into that Belgian taste a whole bunch.....
Also nice taco / fajita ....... don't know how you closed that and picked it up and ate that but it looks hearty.
Similar Sunday dinner ideas we had.

Nice wheat I would assume beer.....I get into that Belgian taste a whole bunch.....
Also nice taco / fajita ....... don't know how you closed that and picked it up and ate that but it looks hearty.
Similar Sunday dinner ideas we had.
Manhandled it and used a fork to shove it into the taco. Yup, I overstuffed em. But they were good. And messy/juicy.

Back