Pizza rolls! (oven style)

Once again I have to admit- those cunning swedes. Why did I not think of this?

As always, I'm impressed, Mr. Wolgast.

Thanks again ppl.

Sorry for the late response. I add the dough if anyone wanna use it as a guide line.

We bake em all,then freeze. (easy and fast warm up for the kids) But im sure you could make em in portion sized then freeze and bake as you want em. About the dough i used

50 g butter
5 dl milk
50 g fresh yeast
1 tsk salt
1 msk sugar
1 st egg
13 dl wheatflour

Melt butter and add milk. Let it be around 37c. Add the crumbled yeast to a bowl. add the luke warm butter/milk mix. Let the yeast disolve.

Add the rest. mix well. let it rise for 30 min. Bake out 1/2 cm thin.
Add the filling. Save a cm of unfilled dough lengthwise so the dough roll will close.

Cut in portions(2 1/2 - 3 cm)

Let them wise another 15-20 mins. Bake @ 225c for about 8-12 min. Can brush em with an eggwash before cooking. We dident.

Enjoy!

One (of the many) things I enjoy on this board is viewing day to day meals, with different perspectives. And particularly from the chefs on the continent! There is an openness and creativity that I can consistently count on with your posts Daniel. I learn something new each time. Thanks for sharing.

Wolgast, those look FANTASTIC! You always got something great going on. Will have to give those a try myself, Thanks for showing & sharing too,
Russ

Pizza rolls, to most Americans, look like these sorry little blobs of frozen 'convenience' food:
200px-Pepperoni_Pizza_Rolls.jpeg

But oh no, you Swedes have to do it the hard way!:p
Also the delicious way!
Like others, never thought about doing something like this, thanks for posting Daniel, or is this Emilie?

Dude...those pics are mouthwatering. Don't know where you get your inspiration but that's good stuff.

Thanks again ppl.

Sorry for the late response. I add the dough if anyone wanna use it as a guide line.

We bake em all,then freeze. (easy and fast warm up for the kids) But im sure you could make em in portion sized then freeze and bake as you want em. About the dough i used

50 g butter
5 dl milk
50 g fresh yeast
1 tsk salt
1 msk sugar
1 st egg
13 dl wheatflour

Melt butter and add milk. Let it be around 37c. Add the crumbled yeast to a bowl. add the luke warm butter/milk mix. Let the yeast disolve.

Add the rest. mix well. let it rise for 30 min. Bake out 1/2 cm thin.
Add the filling. Save a cm of unfilled dough lengthwise so the dough roll will close.

Cut in portions(2 1/2 - 3 cm)

Let them wise another 15-20 mins. Bake @ 225c for about 8-12 min. Can brush em with an eggwash before cooking. We dident.

Enjoy!
Damn! Now I have to convert. At least we use the same time.

Pizza rolls, to most Americans, look like these sorry little blobs of frozen 'convenience' food:
200px-Pepperoni_Pizza_Rolls.jpeg

But oh no, you Swedes have to do it the hard way!:p
Also the delicious way!
Like others, never thought about doing something like this, thanks for posting Daniel, or is this Emilie?

I laughed at this bc I had to babysit my friend's kids and she brought a bag of these for them to eat the other night. It really is sad that they eat this garbage convenience food.

Great post, I'm going to try this dough for sure.

Back