Pizza on the performer

Craig Alumbaugh

TVWBB Guru
Did up a couple of pizza's Saturday on the performer. Did one with sausage, mushroom and onion and then did the other pepperoni. We used Martha White pizza crust and a store bought sauce. For the sausage we usually get Jimmy Dean's original as it is about the best we have found for pizza's. Start off by cooking the sausage, mushroom and onion so it is ready to go on and use the fine shredded mozzarella cheese so it will melt faster. Got the temp up to around 450° for the whole cook.

9-19-15-1_zpsy6he2lxu.jpg

Here is the dough going straight on the cooking grate

9-19-15-2_zpsb5wql4ue.jpg

Here is the crust after about 4 minutes, put the uncooked side down and added the toppings to the browned part

9-19-15-3_zps50p2bf9w.jpg

Pepperoni pizza going back on, didn't get a shot of the other pizza during the cooking process

9-19-15-4_zpsqwglvvxz.jpg

And this is the sausage, mushroom and onion and the crust was nice and brown with a great crunch

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
The pizzas do sound great! And, I too often parboil sausage and pan fry veggies before adding them as pizza toppings. For whatever reason the pics aren't coming through.....

Do you make your own dough? I make some pretty good dough for oven pizzas up to 500F.... I've found that using bread flour and adding a bit of evoo for a bit of fat really makes for some wonderful dough and really easy to make.

I will go in when I get off work tonight and see what is going on with it. At home it was working fine and now I see where the photo's aren't coming through

Okay just did the edit on this, please let me know if it is working

- - - Updated - - -

The pizzas do sound great! And, I too often parboil sausage and pan fry veggies before adding them as pizza toppings. For whatever reason the pics aren't coming through.....

Do you make your own dough? I make some pretty good dough for oven pizzas up to 500F.... I've found that using bread flour and adding a bit of evoo for a bit of fat really makes for some wonderful dough and really easy to make.

No she buys Martha White pizza dough mix at the Commissary here

Before we got the Kettle Pizza that's the way Barb and I made pizzas, grilling one side and then flipping it and adding the toppings. Got some great pies that way and yours looks like a great one too.

Craig; nice pictures! I like the method and it's different enough to be another fun way to cook pizza. That never gets old! Thanks for posting.

Back