Pitmaster Roll Call

We've had a brisket going in Arcadia, Michigan since 8 this morning. It's currently foiled and at 183 degrees. I'm getting hungry!

Six checking in from Colorado. Brisket went on @0030hrs off @1030hrs. OUTSTANDING!! pix to follow on my thread. Over and out.

Six checking in from Colorado. Brisket went on @0030hrs off @1030hrs. OUTSTANDING!! pix to follow on my thread. Over and out.

just got in... long day put 10lb brisket on at 6am... temp stalled..ran outta time temp 188 in point and 165 to 170 in flat just wrapped it and in the cooler... i give up on trying too figure these things out.. made jalepeno cornbrread and baked beans pics later.. really good smoke day though good time in my apt common area...

glenn in SC

I wish you all luck on smoke day. Due to the downsides of life (aka work) I'll have to partake on mine at a later date. Everyone's looks good so far. Jim I love the signs.

I got a late start. The 2 butts were on at 11 cdt and the two chickens at 1 cdt. The chickens were for supper today and the butt will be warmed up tomorrow. It is currently at 180 and still cooking.

Today was my first Smoke Day cookout. Usually, my family and friends leaves town for the holiday weekend, but this year, I sent out invitations before last Christmas (really). Here's a picture of the ribs I cooked, and if you look closely, you can see some ABTs on the lower rack:

IMG_0068_zps2cc556be.jpg

This was the first time I ever made ABTs, and they were a huge hit, however, some of the women were disgusted with the name and wanted me to come up with a different one (Pete's Piquant Poppers?). I told them it was an accepted name and couldn't be changed, but that I'd come to you people for permission. I'm hoping you'll back me up. :)

Did a bunch of ribs and chicken last weekend. But to make sure I represent the smoke day I decided to throw some ABTs and do a fatty for the first time on the WSM

My smoke day started about 10pm last night. Figured the baby would wake us up in the night so didn't use the maverick. Little guy slept for 8hrs! After waking up in a panic because he didn't wake up, wsm still cruising at 235 around 6am.

Chicken going on the kettle rotisserie later and some abt somewhere along the way too.

Gonna be a great day!

Yesterday was my first Smoke Day. We went with a pork butt on the lower grate and added a beer can chicken to the top grate later in the day.

i had one going on Long Island, NY, did 4 racks of ribs, one pork butt, and some sides but didnt post or take that much pics, was my bday weekend so was trashed fri-sat. :cool:

Back