pics from Barbecuing The Weber Covered Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That's Lampe, when he had hair </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
when Lampe had hair, he wore no glasses
icon_razz.gif
OR lambchops!
rolleye0014.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That's Lampe, when he had hair </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
when Lampe had hair, he wore no glasses
icon_razz.gif
OR lambchops!
rolleye0014.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Now that we have your attention, I bet you could do a great job smoking a whole hog on the 26er!
icon_smile.gif
I might be up for it myself.

The sequoia I picked up a couple of weekes ago has the plastic wheels, 1979 model, never been cooked on.
May need some suggestions on the wood as it was stored outside loosely covered for a short period before I got it. Would you touch up the stain and seal with a clear flat finish or just leave her as she is? Will never be back outside, well maybe on a sunny day.

latest finds

Sonny thtas really something! Where did you find it. How did you find a sequoia that was unused? Take some more pics so we can get a better look at it. That yellow looks pretty sweet too.

Brian

Thanks, Brian. I had a guy contact me wondering if I was interested in some grills. Like me he used to do some competitions and fell in love with Webers. I could not believe it when I saw the sequoia and the yellow kettle, I'm not sure the yellow has been cooked on. It was really dirty inside and out but just from being stored. No signs of cooking that I could tell.
That was Friday two weeks back, then on Saturday I found the ranch, still can't believe it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sonny Roach:
The sequoia I picked up a couple of weekes ago has the plastic wheels, 1979 model, never been cooked on.
May need some suggestions on the wood as it was stored outside loosely covered for a short period before I got it. Would you touch up the stain and seal with a clear flat finish or just leave her as she is? Will never be back outside, well maybe on a sunny day.

latest finds </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nice finds Sonny! I would leave the wood alone because it's redwood and has already been treated.

Theres another cookbook that is often seen on ebay that has a 1977 copyright date, it features a glamour shot of a redhead kettle with the modern plastic wheels and "weber" stenciled white walls. So the current OTS/OTG wheels were in place on the Bar-B-Kettles by at least '77.

I have the same book and my waterfall picture is different. It has a "Penthouse" A red SJ and an Avacado green one. No black sj's. Here's the kicker, it also has an orange 22! No Jeff, it's not a red or a brown! Because those are also in the same shot and clearly different. It's hard to tell from the picture I posted, but it's clear in the cook book. Check it out.
icon_cool.gif

Hey...is that a Weber Penthouse in the back on the left? And there is my red 18.5 electric there!
Shaun, do you own this original copy? If so, Id like to get a color copy of the whole thing. Let me know how much.

Is that a blue Rancher on the right side?
Looks blue on my monitor.

My book says revised edition, 1979 and 1972.
So yours must be the 1972 one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
Is that a blue Rancher on the right side?
Looks blue on my monitor.

My book says revised edition, 1979 and 1972.
So yours must be the 1972 one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its black Bob...light is playin tricks again!

I have the same one. Says 1972 first edition. I picked it up for $1 from a local seller when I saw Bobs original post. I can try to get a color scan of it but it probably wont be until Tuesday.

And yes Jeff that is a penthouse and the rancher does look blue but I'm pretty sure it's black and that it's just the light. A blue rancher would be sweet though!

Here's another picture from the book of the penthouse in action.

IMG_20120420_203410.jpg

Yep! The Penthouse was a big seller back then. I can try and get it scanned, then we can get a better look at the orange one of a kind (above the green SJ)! trust me, it's not red or brown either.

Oh and Jeff, your little red sj is there too.
icon_frown.gif

Does anyone have any idea how "The Fireplace" even worked?
icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
I have the same book and my waterfall picture is different. It has a "Penthouse" A red SJ and an Avacado green one. No black sj's. Here's the kicker, it also has an orange 22! No Jeff, it's not a red or a brown! Because those are also in the same shot and clearly different. It's hard to tell from the picture I posted, but it's clear in the cook book. Check it out.
icon_cool.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just scored 2 copies of the book. 1 from 1972 (1st edition, and one from 1980) I can't wait to get these in the mail next week. I am officially obsessed!

I have that book. I picked it up at a flea Market last year. It is very neat. Mine says it is a first edition, third printing. I don't see any date on it anywhere though.

Wayne

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
Do you guys see the orange 22 I am talking about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you talking about the kettle with the lid off above the avacado 'Joe?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C.Hill:
Do you guys see the orange 22 I am talking about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you talking about the kettle with the lid off above the avacado 'Joe? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep! It's clearly orange in my book and leads me to believe they may have made it just for the shoot.

Has anyone else noticed "The Traveler" next to the orange one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back