Picked Up Free Curbside 1st Gen Summit 650

Just measure on a part not corroded
I found the post from the guy that had his pieces replicated from a machine shop and he said they're 18ga, does that sound sufficient for this application?

Also, separately, I just noticed some nonsense on the gas connection...looks like both NG an LP hookups available which definitely can't be stock.
I have a feeling I'm gonna have to take a look at the orifices to tell if this was originally NG or LP. I lit all the burners with my LP Tank, but they're so trashed that I can't tell if the "high" flames are because it's truly NG orifices or because the burner tubes are that bad. Some of the tubes the flames seemed low on "High" setting, and others seemed pretty tall.

I better find out before I start getting these Cookbox parts commissioned.

tempImageaOOGl1.jpg

I am not super familiar with summers, but it looks like it's kind of jerry rigged but probably for a side burner

Absolutely so. I just disassembled and reassembled. I think in my longer posts I gave credit to Larry for finding that side burner. Incidentally, it appears to be identical to the side burner used for a couple years on the ~2000-2002 Platinum grills with the same Summit frame and the “wing” side tables.

The Summits all came with a stainless steel smoker box that replaced a flavo bar and sat under the grate. The swinging grate was optional. Mine did not have it but had the box. FWIW it was a good smoker box too. One that unlike the ones that came for the Genesis actually worked well

I have that smoker box now since Larry sold the grill to me. I wish I had the swing open grate set, but using rcplanebuyer grates is a great alternative. Now that I also set this grill up with the Weber Crafted Kitchen accessory and cut a 3rd generation Summit frame to fill the void, I have an easy to remove all grate that could potentially work well with the smoker box.

IMG_2879.jpeg

Back