Picked me up some (more) discontinued Weber pieces today

Jeff MA

TVWBB All-Star
First up it a vintage Weber #7515 Catch Pan and Holder. The newer Catch Pans are made out of Aluminum but the older ones, like what originally came on the pre-2000's Genesis' had pans made out of a Porcelain coated Steel, much beefier and longer lasting in my opinion. The box states year 2007.

Now I already have a couple new ones in my possession but if one comes up at a reasonable price I snag it up,

jgHmf3r.jpg

Next up is something I rarely see, a Weber #40968012 Porcelain Drip Tray. This one was new in the box and 35 minutes from my Home so I had to make it mine.
Dp5I77l.jpg

The way Weber is dropping replacement parts for the older 0000 series grills I figure I better stash some items away for when I need replacements.

Jeff

Yah, those parts have probably been sitting on the store shelves for a decade or more.

Jeff,
Those were really choice pickups! I do agree that the x000 Genesis (and even more the 1-5 series) parts are starting to drop off. Since the grates interchange, you will be fine for quite a while on that, but as time goes by it is getting harder and harder to find things like those drip trays. When I first got active on this board it was much easier. In just a few years, availability has really declined.

I can understand why the drop off in parts is happening. I haven't seen a early gen in over two years for sale up here. A few broken down silvers, but that's it. Either they are already restored or in a landfill somewhere or slowly rusting away in someone's backyard.
I know it's not a lot but the longer Weber supplies parts for the older grills the longer it is before a new grill is sold. Who ever thought that a grill sold before 2000 would be restored to like new in 2020.
When I worked in the parts department of a Ford dealership in the mid 60s if someone came in looking for a part for a car over 7 years old forget it. Now Toyota has anything I need for my 18 year old 4Runner.
Weber was way ahead of it's time making life time grills, but all good things come to an end.

That is very true, I mean my Genesis 1000 lasted a better part of 24 years before the burners and bars were completely rotted out. I have the cast iron grates and I learned that keeping them coated in cooking spray/veggie oil prevents corrosion.

@Jeff MA If you still have that drip tray pan I'd love to buy it from you. I can paypal/venmo whatever. I live in Connecticut. I got a few beads on old genesis grills on FB marketplace that may or may not be in good shape. Goal is to keep my grill pristine, and if I have enough parts to keep another in good running shape, I'll build it for meat smoking purposes. :)

Is the 40968012 for sale by any chance??
@Jeff MA If you still have that drip tray pan I'd love to buy it from you. I can paypal/venmo whatever. I live in Connecticut. I got a few beads on old genesis grills on FB marketplace that may or may not be in good shape. Goal is to keep my grill pristine, and if I have enough parts to keep another in good running shape, I'll build it for meat smoking purposes. :)

Gary,
Sorry, I'm holding on to that drip tray for my personal grill as they are becoming harder and harder to find.

Your best bet is to keep what you're doing...trying to grab some parts grills that have the parts that you need.

Jeff

Gary,
Sorry, I'm holding on to that drip tray for my personal grill as they are becoming harder and harder to find.

Your best bet is to keep what you're doing...trying to grab some parts grills that have the parts that you need.

Jeff

Sounds good, A few people have already reached out. The forum community has been very helpful!

Paid $80 for an old redhead today, and felt it was worth it for the porcelain grease and drip trays alone :LOL:

Back