Picanha steak in oyster sauce with onion, red pepper and tomatoes

Nice cook and I copied the recipe for future reference, thanks for sharing it.
thank you. the sauce part of the recipe is spot on. i subbed in my own veggies for what i had on hand and anyone can do the same.

for the ginger and garlic, i used my own ground ginger that i make, into the oil, but don't burn the aromatics. i also used gran garlic last night; both due to time constraints. all tasted great. other note, the dark soy sauce really improves to color of the finished oyster sauce, giving it a darker, richer color and flavor. not too salty and not a heavy or exposed flavor note. without the dark soy sauce, the finished sauce is lighter brown due to the cornstarch.

i used picanha as that's what i had sliced in my fridge from this weekend's football games' philly cheesesteaks. the picanha cooked up amazingly with the hard sear in a piping hit wok. just remove the beef at 75% cooked so it retains moisture and juiciness.

this is a very easy recipe to follow for anyone with basic cooking skills. maybe a 1/5 or a 2/5 on complexity scale. pretty easy to get good to very good results. hopefully you'll have an opportunity to make this.

also you can subs in thinly sliced chicken breast, thinly sliced beef sirloin, flank steak or even shrimp as your protein here.

thank you. the sauce part of the recipe is spot on. i subbed in my own veggies for what i had on hand and anyone can do the same.

for the ginger and garlic, i used my own ground ginger that i make, into the oil, but don't burn the aromatics. i also used gran garlic last night; both due to time constraints. all tasted great. other note, the dark soy sauce really improves to color of the finished oyster sauce, giving it a darker, richer color and flavor. not too salty and not a heavy or exposed flavor note. without the dark soy sauce, the finished sauce is lighter brown due to the cornstarch.

i used picanha as that's what i had sliced in my fridge from this weekend's football games' philly cheesesteaks. the picanha cooked up amazingly with the hard sear in a piping hit wok. just remove the beef at 75% cooked so it retains moisture and juiciness.

this is a very easy recipe to follow for anyone with basic cooking skills. maybe a 1/5 or a 2/5 on complexity scale. pretty easy to get good to very good results. hopefully you'll have an opportunity to make this.

also you can subs in thinly sliced chicken breast, thinly sliced beef sirloin, flank steak or even shrimp as your protein here.
We do stir fry's about once a week and I use veggies we did not use up on other recipes. Just picked up 10lbs. of boneless skinless chicken thighs at Saveway with Barbs discount we only paid $1.50 a pound. Really like those for stir fry's as they can take a lot of heat.

We do stir fry's about once a week and I use veggies we did not use up on other recipes. Just picked up 10lbs. of boneless skinless chicken thighs at Saveway with Barbs discount we only paid $1.50 a pound. Really like those for stir fry's as they can take a lot of heat.
excellent choice! i think my buy price is $1.49 (max price) for bone in, skin on thighs. i like them this way as i prefer to do the debone and the freeze or make a stock with the bones. zero waste game.

those thighs make for great pollo asado too. and so much more. BS thighs have to be the most versatile protein and least expensive too. and they're hard to mess up.

post some of your stir fry's. always looking to se what's worth cooking.

Back