Peri-Peri Sauce

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Not home made (yet) but good news to fellow WinCo shoppers. WinCo has Peri-Peri

Jf7lFKy.jpg

I picked the hot bottle

Prior to going to WinCo we stopped at Trader Joe's to get a bottle of their Peri-Peri. TJ's also had some Spicy hot Honey sauce, I grabbed a jar of it too, that'll mix with the Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey. Should make a real nice glaze

bXs86D9.jpg

Got some boneless skinless thighs while at WinCo, am going to do a taster's choice between the two Peri-Peri sauce later this week

Eu5YEHY.jpg

I already know TJ's Peri-Peri is good, I have good hopes that the Nando's will be good. It looks really good

YcjrXno.jpg

More to follow, come Tuesday night and then Wednesday night

I’d like to get my hands on some of that Nando’s hot. It’s a restaurant in Washington, supposedly some amazing and HOT food!!

Last edited:
Soooo glad peri-peri sauce is becoming popular in America. Nando's originates from South Africa and one of it's founders is Portuguese. I spent a lot of time in Lisbon. I think the best recipes come from Portugal. If you want to make piri-piri (which is how they spell in in Portugal), google "piri-piri recipes".

Soooo glad peri-peri sauce is becoming popular in America. Nando's originates from South Africa and one of it's founders is Portuguese. I spent a lot of time in Lisbon. I think the best recipes come from Portugal. If you want to make piri-piri (which is how they spell in in Portugal), google "piri-piri recipes".
This version is the first on my list to make. I'm not sure it's origin, but it looks easier than some of the ones I've looked at (so far)

rXo8zh0.png

Hi Chuck, that recipe looks spot on. I think the unique ingredient for me in my favorite piri-piri is the variety of birdseye chili peppers. Birdseye peppers are commonly found in SE Asia. It has just the right amount of burn profile for me, and stings the tips of my tongue which is different than other chilis like say ghost chilis which is like a chemical nasal burn or jalepenos which just hurts for me :(.

I have no idea what it is never heard of it now you got me thinking have to try it now 🤣
I can vouch for the Peri-Peri from Trader Joe's. I haven't had the Nando's yet. I've got thighs soaking in it as we speak, either tomorrow or Wednesday I'll be able advise if it's good or not. It's first ingredient listed is Vinegar, that's not a good sign (imho)

Back