Performer Taking Forever To Cool Down

Received the new bowl...it is almost perfect in terms of measurements....now the debate if I should replace the old bowl or just try and give it a squeeze and keep this one as a brand new backup in a couple of years.

Is there ever any point to replace the kettle bowl down the line? (ie in 4-6 years)

Ya, I will probably mostly use the baskets, the vortex or the Slow N Sear. If I do lay charcoal on the grate, I will be as careful as possible not to bank it at all...but sometimes **** happens when you are drinking! HA!

Your bowl has a 10 year warranty, so even if you did get burn through, they should send you a new one.

After 10+ years of frequently using the kettle it will eventually wear out. If you have the storage space, you should definitely keep the extra bowl lying around. I'm sure 10 years from now those bowls will cost quite a bit

Received the new bowl...it is almost perfect in terms of measurements....now the debate if I should replace the old bowl or just try and give it a squeeze and keep this one as a brand new backup in a couple of years.

Is there ever any point to replace the kettle bowl down the line? (ie in 4-6 years)

it is not only crazing that can damage it. What if it blows over in a storm and dents it or you drop the lid and chip the enamel on the bowl. ( yeah, that drinking thing 😆). Mine came with a dime sized chip out of the Enamel and they replaced it. I painted it with high heat paint and it has been fine for six years. Having a brand new spare on hand as insurance is nice.

it is not only crazing that can damage it. What if it blows over in a storm and dents it or you drop the lid and chip the enamel on the bowl. ( yeah, that drinking thing 😆). Mine came with a dime sized chip out of the Enamel and they replaced it. I painted it with high heat paint and it has been fine for six years. Having a brand new spare on hand as insurance is nice.

Never underestimate the damage a moving company can do as well! I made the mistake of having the movers move one of my Performers last year when we moved into new house. They destroyed the frame, but luckily I was able to rebuild it.....Bowl somehow survived. Next time we move, I will be taking apart my grills and moving them myself, no doubt.

what a crazy story, overseas help is like a check list, it's why you had some real dumb answers from them, your complaints fit a certain category.....its like dealing with BELL......I hate those guys. mine was fortunately delivered today, the only reason I didn't order amazon earlier was because of the shipping and all that, my wife called says the box is in really good shape so Im hoping for a quality product when I get it built.

The bowl on the Overperformer is almost 25 years old, no crazing, no dents, no chips. Had to replace the lid when flat line winds took out fencing, part of a walnut tree and basically made a mess of the entire block. It was out of warranty anyway so I bought the lid using some of the insurance claim. They somehow could not find the right lid so, they sent one with the rim hook, if seals up just fine so, I’ve lived with that for 7 years. It’s fine.

I did breasts last night that actually came out juicy, but I cooked at 450 and the bowl was still around 150 to 200 after a couple hours last night. It was fairly chilly out too and I closed both vents right after the food came off.

You'll need to remove the one-touch blades, lid bale and the burner tube from the old bowl.
- There is a black tube held on to the burner tube with a metal clip, just pry that off with a flat head and done lose the metal clip
- Burner tube is held on by two nuts/bolts. They should be easy to remove since it's a new grill
- lid bale is held on by two top nuts and one nut/bolt on the bottom. Again, shouldn't be hard to remove
- Then take out the 4 screws that hold the bowl on to the frame
- remove the bowl and flip it upside down on a piece of cardboard or old blanket
- the one touch blades are a little tricky to remove, but with it being a new grill should be easy, just use a flat head screwdriver to pry and then turn the handle. Align the grove up with the little notch and pull out. this video might be easier to watch for that part....fast forward to 5 min 50 sec

Then just do the reverse to install the new bowl back on.

This would be a good time to replace the nuts and bolts with stainless steel since it'll be all apart anyways.

And finally, box up the old bowl into the box and mail to me, LOL just kidding. If I was you...I'd just remove the bowl and try to hug it until it was back in shape and keep the new one as a spare.
I had this problem slow to cool and found that my one touch was not even touching the bowl I had to remove the one touch and bend (adjust ) each blade so it made contact with the bowl surface. This allow a lot less air in and cooled down 50 plus % faster.

Back