Performer Deluxe on Amazon

Dave S

TVWBB Super Fan
I have been wanting a performer for some time now and keep putting off spending the money. (my wife calls me short arms with deep pockets) since I am retired on a fixed income I guess I am. Anyway I was on Amazon today and saw the deluxe in copper ( I want copper) for 399.00, since they came out they have been 454.00. Does anyone know if they lowered the price on this? I still see some on there for the 454.00 price. I want to be sure I looked up the same grill as they show many at various prices. They say the copper is temporarily out of stock but I'm afraid if I wait it will be 454.00 when the new ones come in. My '99 Master touch is getting tired and it's time I upgrade, Also if that is the correct price and I buy it, what cover number do I by or does the old performer cover fit the new bigger lid bail.
Thanks in advance for any input. If 399 is the number I guess I'll reach in those deep pockets and buy my new Weber

Thanks again
Dave

Dave,
$399 is the normal price for the deluxe, and it has the gas assist.
Not sure why Amazon has some at the $454 price.
The copper can be ordered from Ace, but TVWBB would not get credit if purchased there of course.

edit to say, 399 is normal at most stores.

Last edited:
Thanks Bob, I just checked my Amazon account where I had this on my wish list, it was listed at 454 and it said the price dropped 12% since I put it on the wish list. I also saw a copper one without gas assist for 404.00, go figure. I'm sure I know the answer to this but the grate system is the starter set and does not come with the sear grate, correct? I will make sure TVWBB gets credit

Well it looks like they have the gold performer back in stock but the price is now $454 up from $399, green still $399. Am I an idiot when it comes to surfing amazon prices or did I just blow 54 bucks by waiting? It seems the price varies every time I go on there. I really want to give this site the credit and really don't want to go to ace and order, not to mention I like things delivered to my front door. Does anyone out there see anything different. I hate to settle for one other than copper but......................

I see the same price as you do ($454.00) for copper Deluxe model 15502001. If you can do without gas assist you can save 50 bucks ($404 for Copper Model 15402001).

Being a cheapie who's gotten basically all my grills used, I'm overwhelmed by the new Weber Performer prices. I got a 3 year old Crate & Barrel Performer for $70 bucks. A Performer in copper is tough to find used. If you can hold out you may see a temporary price reduction between now and Memorial Day, but it won't be very much.

Dave S;
This probably won't be a popular comment, but here goes, anyway!:rolleyes:

Some time ago, I scored a neglected gas ignition Performer off Craigslist. It cleaned up fine but the electronic ignition won't work. I have to light the gas with a butane "match". Big deal... At any rate, the gas starter works extremely well with my chimney and I have been happy with the grill.

A couple of weeks ago, I happened upon a DEAL - a brand new Performer (floor model) without gas start for, get this, $50.00 (it is a 2012-2014 model). I happened to have several boxes of Weber's starter cubes left over from my 22.5" OTG. We got a nice day amongst the nasty cold days, and I fired up the Jumbo Joe to grill a couple of steaks for supper. The Performer's were covered and I didn't think it necessary to fool with the covers just to have to put them back on after the cook (rain eminent). You know, one Weber starter cube on top of a tuna can (open end down) started just as well as the gas start (as it always has). The starter cubes are about as convenient as gas start (as mentioned, I have both) and gas is not free, either...

If you can find the color of choice on your new Performer at a savings, maybe that would keep you happy with the use of starters.

Either way, you WILL be happy with your new Performer, I am SURE (LOVE those grills!).

Just a thought or two.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

I'm about to order the new performer (copper of course) maybe even today, question?? does the standard cover fit the new model with the extended lid bail?? which cover number have you found best??

thanks
Dave

Dave S;
This probably won't be a popular comment, but here goes, anyway!:rolleyes:

Some time ago, I scored a neglected gas ignition Performer off Craigslist. It cleaned up fine but the electronic ignition won't work. I have to light the gas with a butane "match". Big deal... At any rate, the gas starter works extremely well with my chimney and I have been happy with the grill.

You know, one Weber starter cube on top of a tuna can (open end down) started just as well as the gas start (as it always has). The starter cubes are about as convenient as gas start (as mentioned, I have both) and gas is not free, either...

If you can find the color of choice on your new Performer at a savings, maybe that would keep you happy with the use of starters.

Either way, you WILL be happy with your new Performer, I am SURE (LOVE those grills!).

Just a thought or two.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:
Nice to see someone else that values the table & associated storage of the Performer more highly then the gas ignition 8)

Thanks for all the input guys, the new performer is here.

I must say I'm a happy camper
Thanks for stopping by
Dave

Back