People throw away the nicest stuff

Tim Brisson

TVWBB Member
Found this for free today. a little bit of rust. However a little touch up and cleaning, (mo better cleaning starts tomorrow). Two pins for the hinges and a new regulator and itś ready to show off a bit. All the burner tubes and such are in great shape.Also got two packs of disposable grease trays will it. Been a while since I posted or commented on anything. I hope you like the pictures. Oh a freinds wife who purchased one of my first clean and paint restores has claimed this on once done.

Attachments

• blue grill 1.jpg
    blue grill 1.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Blue grill 2 .jpg
    Blue grill 2 .jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Blue grill 3.jpg
    Blue grill 3.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Blue grill 4.jpg
    Blue grill 4.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Blue grill 5.jpg
    Blue grill 5.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Blue grill 6.jpg
    Blue grill 6.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 65
I don't really care for the blue handle and knobs, but otherwise, that is great for free. How does the floor inside the cabinet look?

I don't really care for the blue handle and knobs, but otherwise, that is great for free. How does the floor inside the cabinet l
The bottom is in great shape with just a small amount of surface rust. I am very surprised. As far as the painted knobs and handle? Well the woman who wants the grill wanted them to match. And with some of the grill I refurbed¨ I have painted the handles and such and they seem to go over well.

Attachments

• Cheap red head.jpg
    Cheap red head.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Bailys grill.jpg
    Bailys grill.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Skyline red handle.jpg
    Skyline red handle.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I suspect some people really like that. I like black much more than the standard gray, but the various other colors are not so much my personal cup of tea.

Have you considered dying them instead of painting them. It is much more durable. But much more involved as well.

I suspect some people really like that. I like black much more than the standard gray, but the various other colors are not so much my personal cup of tea.

Have you considered dying them instead of painting them. It is much more durable. But much more involved as well.
I havent thought of dying them. Great idea! I use Rustoleum 2x paint and it seems to weather really well.

Bruce,, you have been on here awhile,,,, have you ever seen a gray speckled lid? The grill itself is pretty much junk but the lid caught my eye. As far as the blck handles and knobs,,,, well I havent found any yet in my price range. But I do like those also. Some of the older grill that I have rebuilt I try and stay pretty much original if I can. Let me know about the speckled lid.

Thanks

Tim

Attachments

• Gray speckled lid 3.jpg
    Gray speckled lid 3.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Gray speckled lid 2.jpg
    Gray speckled lid 2.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Gray speckled lid 1.jpg
    Gray speckled lid 1.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 21
Found this for free today. a little bit of rust. However a little touch up and cleaning, (mo better cleaning starts tomorrow). Two pins for the hinges and a new regulator and itś ready to show off a bit. All the burner tubes and such are in great shape.Also got two packs of disposable grease trays will it. Been a while since I posted or commented on anything. I hope you like the pictures. Oh a freinds wife who purchased one of my first clean and paint restores has claimed this on once done.
Nice. I'd settle for a 22" kettle that's been kicked to the curb. Wife thinks I've got enough smokers and grills but a freebie or cheap yard sale model probably wouldn't ruffle her feathers too much :)

Nice. I'd settle for a 22" kettle that's been kicked to the curb. Wife thinks I've got enough smokers and grills but a freebie or cheap yard sale model probably wouldn't ruffle her feathers too much :)
There have been a couple different color kettles in my neck of the woods. Unfortunately not for free.

I havent thought of dying them. Great idea! I use Rustoleum 2x paint and it seems to weather really well.

Bruce,, you have been on here awhile,,,, have you ever seen a gray speckled lid? The grill itself is pretty much junk but the lid caught my eye. As far as the blck handles and knobs,,,, well I havent found any yet in my price range. But I do like those also. Some of the older grill that I have rebuilt I try and stay pretty much original if I can. Let me know about the speckled lid.

Thanks

Tim
Yah, I am not what the story on that is. Black lids are prone to the "Weber Fade" which looks a bit like that but it is usually on the to front center of the lid mostly. Not all over. It could be some kind of a production issue or it could be designed like that. Weber does make a few shades of Gray to black. That might be one of them. I have one now that is very similar in color but doesn't have the "Speckling" like yours.

That was a great pickup as you don’t see those late Silvers in blue all that often. I might not choose the blue trim for my own use, but it sure does make that one pop! And competing with newer grills, that’s not a bad thing at all when you are in the flip trade and trying to get noticed. Great job!

Thanks

Tim
The answer to that question can be found under the Weber emblem on the front of the grill, or under all the carbon build up on the inside of the lid. It looks to me like it's just faded from being in constant sunlight. If it's a factory finish it would have been applied evenly so looking somewhere where the the sun didn't beat on it will tell you.

The answer to that question can be found under the Weber emblem on the front of the grill, or under all the carbon build up on the inside of the lid. It looks to me like it's just faded from being in constant sunlight. If it's a factory finish it would have been applied evenly so looking somewhere where the the sun didn't beat on it will tell you.
Great Idea! I will remove the emblem today and see whats under it. The only thing about possible sun fade is that the finish is evenly distributed except by the emblem.

Back