Pellets on sale at Lowes

I won’t be shocked to see Lowe’s reduce their SmokeFire offerings, but it will be a very sad thing. If this innovative - even if initially flawed - pellet grill disappears from shelves, it will make a great “case study” for business school students on how to botch a new product launch and the devastating results it can bring.

I would love to be in the board room and product development office at Weber to hear what they are thinking right now🤔!

Weber has moved on, don't forget about next year’s extravaganza!

"Time heals all wounds!"
"no use crying over spilled milk!"

I could go on, but I think you get the point, Lol!

2DC65319-C28D-4C32-BB29-906099DBCE13.jpeg3BA34E3C-82BD-4B5C-BB44-F0C34F83DFCA.jpegSame sale as last year, thanks I picked up 7 bags. Got to see a traveler in person for the first time, very cool! I still haven’t used my Q-2200 and was thinking about swapping, but I like the Q better. Glad I got to see that though!
They had a bunch of Weber stuff on sale but not 1/2 price.

I won’t be shocked to see Lowe’s reduce their SmokeFire offerings, but it will be a very sad thing. If this innovative - even if initially flawed - pellet grill disappears from shelves, it will make a great “case study” for business school students on how to botch a new product launch and the devastating results it can bring.

I would love to be in the board room and product development office at Weber to hear what they are thinking right now🤔!
They should want to be in a room with you discussing what to do.
But they do not want to hear the first few minutes.
But they definitely need to.

I went to Lowe's tonight to pick up my order of a new bench grinder. I checked out the Weber section and found some great sales on stainless GBS grates for the Spirit 300 (and classic Genesis, too). I bought the 4 they had left. I also picked up a Weber grill cover for $37.

Here's what they had for pellets:

IMG_7856 (1).jpeg

IMG_7857.jpeg

I thought it was interesting that the Grill Master blend commands an extra $3. Not a bad price at $11, but I have a full bag and way too many other bags of pellets, so I passed. But for only $8 I went for a bag of Hickory.

Looking around, I have to say that I am a little like Han Solo when it comes to the future of the SmokeFire as in "I have a bad feeling about this..."

IMG_7860.jpeg

IMG_7855 (1).jpeg

I truly hope I am wrong, but it has the appearance to me that Lowe's is planning on reducing its Weber footprint and that the SmokeFire may not fit in at all. I believe Lowe's is the only major retailer that has SmokeFires on their sales floor. If this space is lost, I can't see how Weber can hope to gain any kind of market share. Recteq does it, but they market heavily as a direct seller.

Attachments

• IMG_7858.jpeg
    IMG_7858.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 2
I went to Lowe's tonight to pick up my order of a new bench grinder. I checked out the Weber section and found some great sales on stainless GBS grates for the Spirit 300 (and classic Genesis, too). I bought the 4 they had left. I also picked up a Weber grill cover for $37.

Here's what they had for pellets:

View attachment 39672

View attachment 39673

I thought it was interesting that the Grill Master blend commands an extra $3. Not a bad price at $11, but I have a full bag and way too many other bags of pellets, so I passed. But for only $8 I went for a bag of Hickory.

Looking around, I have to say that I am a little like Han Solo when it comes to the future of the SmokeFire as in "I have a bad feeling about this..."

View attachment 39675

View attachment 39677

I truly hope I am wrong, but it has the appearance to me that Lowe's is planning on reducing its Weber footprint and that the SmokeFire may not fit in at all. I believe Lowe's is the only major retailer that has SmokeFires on their sales floor. If this space is lost, I can't see how Weber can hope to gain any kind of market share. Recteq does it, but they market heavily as a direct seller.
Your local Lowe’s prices are better than mine. But I grabbed 3 bags of the blend for $11 a bag.

Back