Paul Kirk's Class

Steve Mayer

TVWBB Fan
Paul is doing a pitmaster class close by in Feb.
I don't see being able to compete anytime soon, but would like to elevate my technique and knowledge.
Has anyone taken the class or have direct knowledge of the class?

TIA,

Steve

I took the class last year in New Holland, PA. It's very informative. I would highly recommend it even if you are not going to compete. Do a search on Paul Kirk there's lots of info.

MikeZ

I took it at the Klose factory a couple years back. I felt like I came away with some good knowedge and a few good tips. It was also nice to be able to ask him whatever questions you want. The course is about 12 hours long (too much to type about) but it kinda expanded on what he wrote about in his rubs and sauces book.

The one in McKinney is $215. She's going to e-mail me some more info on Sunday. They're on the way to a BBQ thing in Houston.

I'm pumped.

Take that class!!!!

I took it with no intention of competing. Now I don't compete all the time, maybe one or two local cooks a year. But when I do, I hold my own. And I make great BBQ.

TAKE THAT CLASS!!!!

He had one in New Holland, Pa.? I may have to take it this year, only about 5-10 minutes from my house. Competetion is not on my mind, but you never know.
icon_wink.gif

They had one in my very own town last year, but when I read about the class (you have to pair up with someone, cook as a team, be judged) I got scared out of my wits!

Suz,
There is one in Arlington, VA June 11th. If it's around the same price as in the post above, I might try and make it. I emailed for info.

Paul Kirk's pitmaster class will be held in McKinney, Tx on Saturday February 19th. If you would like additional information you can email me at: bsparr@direcway.com and I can send you a flyer.

Oh man. Wouldn't you know it. I followed the link above and saw a class in Lansing MI. Close enough to me for sure. But the class is cancelled.

Wow, it was in Arlington last year, too! (my very own home town)

Last year I think it was $199. I could rope my broher into going with me, but I bet I'd have to spring for the cheapskate. Otherwise (ulp) I'd have to hang out with STRANGERS???

I'll be going to the one in McKinney. I just sent off my check. Should be really fun.

It says all the meat and spices are provided, so that will be cool.

Thanks to everyone for your input! Now I need to try to get out of some other commitments that have come up so I can attend.

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Susan Z:
Wow, it was in Arlington last year, too! (my very own home town)

Last year I think it was $199. I could rope my broher into going with me, but I bet I'd have to spring for the cheapskate. Otherwise (ulp) I'd have to hang out with STRANGERS??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now now Susan we are ALL friends in the world of BBQ
icon_biggrin.gif

Big Al

Back