Patty Melt Test Run

Marty Owens

TVWBB Fan
Seasoned the Griddle Grate one evening last week.

-----

Last night after work my wife and I had a chance to try it out on the kettle with the Vortex for patty melts. Sautéed the onions, cooked the burger patties and grilled the patty melt perfectly.

-----

Really going to like this accessory, my mind is flooding with ideas for new kettle cooks!

There's a guy that makes something similar near here called The Burn Shop in Wichita Falls, TX. He makes those along with some custom CNC cut grates. I've seen them for sale at the local butcher.

Those look awesome Marty. I'm really just starting to really work with my Vortex. I love it.

Thats bad arse Marty, what did it cost for the build? Cam Stone with the mojo griddle will be getting jealous of that.
Is that for a 22.5" or 26er?

Very cool new toy. Was the cleanup pretty easy? You really expand your outdoor cooking with that addition. I like it a lot!

Very cool new toy. Was the cleanup pretty easy? You really expand your outdoor cooking with that addition. I like it a lot!

Clean up was very easy, first cook with it to know for sure but I'm thinking it should be easy to maintain caring for it like cast iron and storing indoors.

Back