Party Q

CaseT

TVWBB Gold Member
Well I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Party-Q controller for my 14.5" WSM. I've been on the fence for several years. The WSM is pretty rock solid, and I've never had a problem holding temps. Guess I just want something to play with, lol! Coming via snail mail so hopefully in a week or so I'll be able to report on how it works with the 14.5" WSM.

CaseT

TVWBB Gold Member
My PartyQ arrived yesterday. Hooked it up to the 14.5" WSM. Now I just need to do a cook. Hmmm Wonder what I should do.

Fred BW

TVWBB Fan
Thats the one I almost bought when I was looking for a controller. I didn't get it because it was buttery powered. I was afraid the batteries would be going dead in the middle of a cook.
I'm sure you will love it. It's easy and hassle free and works. Which means it will probably get used a lot

CaseT

TVWBB Gold Member
Thats the one I almost bought when I was looking for a controller. I didn't get it because it was buttery powered. I was afraid the batteries would be going dead in the middle of a cook.
I'm sure you will love it. It's easy and hassle free and works. Which means it will probably get used a lot
The battery power feature is why I bought it. We dry camp and there is no power source available (I would hate having to run a generator all day just to smoke meat). Once the batteries that came with it go belly up I will be using rechargeable AA lithium ion batteries. I don't anticipate any power failure issues during long cooks.

MartinB

TVWBB Pro
The battery power feature is why I bought it. We dry camp and there is no power source available (I would hate having to run a generator all day just to smoke meat). Once the batteries that came with it go belly up I will be using rechargeable AA lithium ion batteries. I don't anticipate any power failure issues during long cooks.
They all operate on 12 volt adapter, and you can get a 12-volt lithium-ion battery cheap off of Amazon.

So they all....can operate on battery power. A few people run only on battery not to drag extension cords around. Battery can last many cooks.

Last edited: