Paper Q please.

I didn't know that was a thing, either :confused: . But I never claimed to be an expert on any of this. I wrap in butcher paper once the bark is set to my liking and it stays in paper swaddled in a towel when it goes into the holding cooler.

I didn't know that was a thing, either :confused: . But I never claimed to be an expert on any of this. I wrap in butcher paper once the bark is set to my liking and it stays in paper swaddled in a towel when it goes into the holding cooler.
If I’m going to crutch, I do so in butcher paper. But when I pull it, I rest it in foil. I have to be honest, I’m a fan of not crutching, but my best cooks were crutched in butcher paper.

The reason I ask is I tried it in the paper than wrapped the whole thing in foil for the 2nd part of the cook and lost a lot of juices to the paper absorbing them.
Foil is probably your best choice if juice is what you want. Smoking in paper is simply to allow more smoke to have access to the meat, yet speed up the stall because of the braise affect of wrapping

Back