Paint wear

BobJ

TVWBB Super Fan
Last fall I stripped down and repainted my 2001 Genesis Gold. I use a cover on the grill and where the cast sides hold the handle the High Heat satin paint has rubbed off. I had stripped these down to bare metal, primed, and painted the parts. I know it's not going any harm, being aluminum, but it would be nicer without the wear marks. Anyone else run into this or know of a paint that won't rub off?

grill.jpg

The cover moving around abraded the paint. Is it windy where you live? Any way to stop the cover from moving around? A lot of times covers can do more harm than good by trapping moisture.

Gerry

Yep, it is going to happen, especially with those heavy canvas covers. Since it is paint and not Powder Coat like from the factory, it is going to happen.

Okay, guess I just repaint once in a while. I've always debated whether a cover is worth using or not, especially since they are all full length to the ground now. Other then this year, we get a lot of weather, rain, snow, wind, and so forth. I have 3 grills out in the elements, all covered.

Okay, guess I just repaint once in a while. I've always debated whether a cover is worth using or not, especially since they are all full length to the ground now. Other then this year, we get a lot of weather, rain, snow, wind, and so forth. I have 3 grills out in the elements, all covered.

Any way you could cut a tennis ball to squeeze on the corners to protect them when the cover is on? Just a thought.

Back