P Chops

A Moe

TVWBB Fan
I'm Grilling some Chops tonight. I usually season with Salt, Fresh Pepper, White Sugar, and Dill. I am kinda have a hankerin for something different. Any Suggestions?

Thanks Jeff. That does look pretty good. I didnt get a chance to try it though. I had some 1.25" chops out. i didnt think the marinade would soak it up quick enough. Idea for next time though.

Sorry, should have mentioned I do this with 1" chops. What I lik about it is that you do get foot flavor in such a short time. Especially if you reserve some to baste with

Yeah i am really pumped to try it. I do not marinade with vinegar alot it will be different than I am used to for sure. I love soy sauce and honey.

A Moe

I know this is too late, but I used Sriracha sauce mixture last night on my chops. Really excellent on chicken and pork. You'll find a bunch of posts about it in this site.

Les

Ooh baby! I like pork chops -

I like to grill them indirect with kosher salt & fresh-ground pepper until they start to brown (about 20 minutes) and then, brush them down with (take your pick):

-50/50 honey & Dijon mustard (Inglehoffer HOT)
-Almost any decent BBQ Sauce (Sweet Baby Rays..)
-Pineapple / Brown Sugar / soy (maybe some sesame and/or ginger)

Leave it on for a while & do both sides so that the sauce gets sticky & carmelizes.

Favorite sides - stuffing, baked sweet potato, beans, German potato salad, asian-style cabbage slaw, gilled pineapple slices....

The Weber ROTW brined pork chops with balsamic reduction is a HUGE hit around here. Great for thick chops.

Two seasonings that I love on pork chops (not at the same time, but two different things to try):

Cavendars (sp?) and Penzys's Northwoods

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff R:
Why yes I do. Several here have done This one and it is quite good </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! I used this recipe tonight and made some tasty chops.

One of the favorite ways I have to do pork chops (one of my favorite grilled meats) is to liberally apply Montreal Steak Seasoning and grill over a very hot fire. It only takes about four minutes a side (YMMV). I pull the chops and use Larry Wolfe's Orange Marmalade Sriracha Sauce on top of the chops (as a sauce at the table).

It hardly gets any better than that.

Dale53

We like to give our chops a coating of some olive oil, then a sprinkling of Montreal Chicken Seasoning on both sides and on to the Weber indirect, until about 140 degrees. For grilling, I like a nice, thick, bone in chop!
icon_smile.gif

I like to add some celery salt and fresh garlic aoli. When they are about two or three minutes from done, cover with your favorite bbq sauce.

Brine every time and try not to pull the chops much over 150* IT. USDA 160* is overkill and overcooked, but the brine makes cooking 'em MUCH more forgiving if you screw up like myself when grilling a bunch of 'em.

Back