Overnight Butt and a Short Beef (Dino) Rib

Sunil Patel

TVWBB Fan
Well, was bored last night so slapped a Pork Butt on around 11.30pm and a Beef Rib at 6.30am this morning. Checking temps on the rib, about 60 deg C and still quite pink so in foil for a bit and will check shortly. Butt aproaching 92 deg C so just letting it run a little longer as cant quite get the bone wiggle on...

running around 220-225 at the dome on the 22.5" WSM

WIP, advice please?

Butt on last night

Just now, 11.5 hrs for Butt, 4.5 for Ribs (too much, cant see its done yet?)

thankyou for looking in :)

Hi Guys, thanks for the feedback, got bad byrons butt rub on the butt and just evooo, s&p on the rib....got a load of spices delivered yesterday but couldnt be arsed and my first time doing the beef short so kept it simple....

pork pulled just now...........

Thank you Gentlemen

Ribs i took to 87 deg c but i am cooking them for a friend, they are just eating them soon so awaiting feedback and will post verbatim here.

Thank you Gentlemen

Ribs i took to 87 deg c but i am cooking them for a friend, they are just eating them soon so awaiting feedback and will post verbatim here.

reason i did this is to make sure all of it was probe tender which it wasnt at 190deg F (we work in C here)

the proof is in the eating, just waiting for them to eat :)

thank you gents

Thanks guys, feedback on the rib is that it was very nice although perhaps a little too much salt (only seasoned it with evoo, salt and pepper). I didnt take the membrane off the back but wish i had and i did take the fat cap off although it was quite difficult to get it all off with the best knife i have (upgrade required!)....

Its gonna be some RSC tomorrow :) watch this space

thank you

IMAG0691_zpsfbed2086.jpg

Back