Overnight Brisket

I use one of those thick coleman coolers.
I stick the finished product still wrapped in the paper in an aluminum tray, large lasagna to be exact.
Wrap that tight in foil after cooking wrapped in paper all day.
Put a towel on the bottom of the cooler put the tray in and then put 2 towels on top.
This prevents any leaks and the MRS from shooting you because all here towels are now covered in grease.
Close the cooler and close everything tight.
I have never measured but I think I read if your beef is 205 and done it will hold it around that 175 eventually and for a long time.
I have done 4 hours before and I was at a buddies place and we put brisket in the cooler and then went on a canoe river cruise for around 6 hours.
It was still hot...mine comes out steaming still after 3 hours...too hot for the hands.
All it does is keep rendering fat without cooking it.
Based on my experience it doesn't change the quality of the meat / cook enough I notice anything negative about it.
I would never not do it with any large brisket / shoulder / beef rib style of cook.
That feeling when you cut the brisket and clear juice comes pouring out of it......
Would recommend.
I also would recommend wrapping in paper, I use to use foil years ago, tried paper, loved it never went back.
Great reply!

Absolutely beautiful, outstanding! I have never rested a brisket quit that long, but I will now after seeing & reading this!

I'm not sure there's any quality difference between a 2 hour cooler rest and a 5 hour rest.

But having that big window on the back end makes it a lot easier on the cook to land the dinner plane on time.

Absolutely beautiful, outstanding! I have never rested a brisket quit that long, but I will now after seeing & reading this!

I'm not sure there's any quality difference between a 2 hour cooler rest and a 5 hour rest.

But having that big window on the back end makes it a lot easier on the cook to land the dinner plane on time.
Exactly!

Back