overnight brisket

Dean V

TVWBB Pro
Put a 15.5 pound whole packer on last night around 11:30pm. After I was comfortable with the temperature on the wsm I went to bed and let it cook.

trimmed, rubbed and straight on to the wsm out of the fridge

Pulled after 14 hours, no wrapping

Burnt ends back on the wsm

Brisket sliced

one of my plates

Sorry, no picture of the Alka Seltzer that I drank.

The brisket was very good and even though it was a select cut everyone said it was better than my last one which they all had raved about and it was a prime whole packer. Go figure. The only thing I did different this time was to not apply as much rub as the last one. I think it was very good as well even though it didn't have a smoke ring...I don't know why.

Great looking brisket! What kind of rub did you use on it? Oh and what temp did you run your wsm at?

Last edited:
Looks delicious. To be honest, in a fatty low-n-slow cut like brisket, I wouldn't much worry about grades. Save that for when you want to spend some money on steaks.

I still have not yet done a brisket, but when I do finally get around to smoking one, I can only hope that it comes out looking as good as yours!

Thanks for sharing!

Barret

Great looking brisket buddy!! I bet it was tasty...I struggle with a smoke ring myself but I finally decided that if it tastes good, looks don't count for much!

Great cooking!!

good work!

from what I can see, there is a smoke ring, it's just not a big one.

Looks delicious. To be honest, in a fatty low-n-slow cut like brisket, I wouldn't much worry about grades. Save that for when you want to spend some money on steaks.

I think you're right Clay. That prime brisket was the one and only brisket I've ever done that was not just a select cut so I thought I would give it a try and see if it was worth the money and apparently it isn't.

Thanks for the plate it looks delicious. :)
Thanks Tony. I really owe you and all of the other forum members a big thank you for all of the information and inspiration especially since I possess no natural cooking abilities. I mean I really have to work at it but that's ok because it is fun.

I still have not yet done a brisket, but when I do finally get around to smoking one, I can only hope that it comes out looking as good as yours!

Thanks for sharing!

Barret

569 posts and no brisket yet! That's not right. Go for it and you and your family and friends will be happy you did.

Peoples taste are very different. I think I would have liked a little more fat. But the people who ate it wanted lean. Good job.

Brisky looks great!!!!! I always do mine overnight, results always comes out great! Your looks great too!!!!!!!

Back